First ever Ford :-)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blagger

Hi all
Just bought my first ever Ford :eek:
A 1.7 in Black with Full SH, A/C Lux Pack (?)
It's done 99K but looks great - new clutch fitted.
Coming from a 26 year old Mk1 MR2 it's a bit different to say the least!

Good bits: the history and condition - engine bay is really clean and only minor bubbling to back arch - no change there then as Mk1 Mr2s are notorious for it also
Love - the gear change *notchy :)
To do: timing belt has only covered 27000 but was changed nearly five years ago so will need to get that done next year asap
Live in Preston (NW) - anybody on here have a recommended garage plus price for belt change?
Looking forward to enjoying the go-kart handling
Bought it because I saw it as a similar car to the MR2 in many ways (yeah I know its FWD and 4 seats ) and so far I'm loving it!

Welcome aboard :thumbs:

Theres a garage list somewhere Evilrob will be along to say hi at some point and the garage list is in his signature block if you dont find it first

Hi and welcome. :thumbs: There is a list of garages we know about that have done good work for forum members in the past - the link is in my signature below.

Don't recall there being any in or around Preston though.

Cambelt should be done when the engine is cold (ideally left overnight). Make sure whoever you get to do it uses the proper Ford kit with tensioner. Some people get the water pump, rocker cover gasket and aux belt done at the same time cos these need removing / are easily accessible while the cambelt's off so no extra labour required. Ideally you want to find someone who's done it before as it's a bugger to get the timing spot on.

Chorley Street Garage in Bolton is the nearest garage I can find that people have mentioned on here (but I don't think anyone's ever submitted a review for them so they're not on the list).

evilrob said:
Chorley Street Garage in Bolton is the nearest garage I can find that people have mentioned on here (but I don't think anyone's ever submitted a review for them so they're not on the list).

cheers - posted after you replied. Will give a ring

Back