Fix or flog?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

I'm sure most people on here are familiar with my Fiesta experiences lol

4452_191716150150_847125150_7225563.jpg

By some miracle, it passed it's MOT last week. I'm trying to decide now if it's worth fixing the leaky fuel tank, and running it for another year (or until it expires), or selling it as it is now, and buying something else. Anyone any ideas on potential prices for replacing the tank?

Your thoughts would be welcome :)

Id keep it. If its been a good work horse to you i cant see a logical reason to part with it unless you are after something else or the fuel problem is expensive.

You could end up with a lemon if you sell it

Why sell it now it's (nearly) fine only to get another car that's a pigs ear again?

Get a scrappy fuel tank and run it for a year.

Just looking on ebay now at replacement tanks - cheaper than I thought actually. I was put off initially by quotes of £250+ to fit a new one.

Well another half decent banger would cost £250+ , personaly knowing the car was sound for another 12 months apart from that one issue would persued me to keep it.

I came to the conclusion recently that £500 is the minimum you need to spend to get something that isn't totally shagged. Have been on ebay and autotrader, today - sub £500 stuff is pretty much scrapyard fodder.

Keep it and get fuel tank from breakers or similar if possible, you know you can't live without a 'sh!t fiesta' :D

A brand new fuel tank isn't that expensive.

http://bap.dominohosting.biz/members/ba" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... MakeModelt
£61 up to about £80 depending on the model

After running a second car for nearly 2 1/2 years Neil, my experience would say to keep it :eek:k:

Cheers for the link Peter :)

The cheapest new tank I've seen is £59.99 on ebay. I think I'll probably order it tonight and get it sent down to work. Plenty of garages round High Wycombe that should be able to fit it for not a lot of money :)

Back