Ford 6006e to 6000

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyPandy

Thinks never go to plan. Well the radio 6006 has packed up again(this is the 3rd) on my thunder and come to the conclusion there rubbish. To sticking with the original ford stuff i opted of a 6000 in silver from a 99 vehicle. Went to fit it tonight 5 minute job................. no. Plugs on the back are different. At first i thought i was being silly and rotating the 180 degrees. But that didn`t work. Then noticed one the plugs is smaller by 2 pins. Now i thought at connction were all the same. How wrong can i be. The wiring all as it left the factory so its got no funny iso connectors.
Any ideas.

I'm sure the stereo's were/are inter-changeable to the point of you could get a 5000 tape deck and plug it in if you were that way inclined.

The only thing I've ever seen online is about having to turn the connector the other way.

From my experience they should be interchangeable.. I've done it in thee past with no issues :eek:k:

Did you get this to work Andy? Was thinking of doing the same as the CD section of my 6006E has given up the ghost

My 6006e packed up today got a cd loading error E3?? And the tuner has also packed up! Happy days lol. I had a 6000 before and swapped it no problem, did have to.trim a clip on the plug iirc. But it's all interchangeable. Now looking for another silver 6000, had it with the 6006!

Back