Front heated screen stopped working.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2

Hi.
As above I have checked the fuses in the passenger compartment. They are all okay. I have tried to find a fuse box diagram but no luck. There is power to the switch as it illuminates. Has anybody any ideas. Thanks.
Richard.

Checked my old manual and it says 40 amp green fuse in the no. 52 location in the auxillary fuse box under the bonnet (upper right arrangement of 6 fuses - second fuse from the left), and/or the red relay "II" (roman numeral) which is on the rear of the fuse panel under the dash (left hand side, upper relay). That's all I have to go on it plus fuse box arrangements could be different depending on model year, but it's a start for something to look for. :eek:k:

I vaguely remember getting behind the fuse box under the dash to get to the relays on mine but can't remember why, but I do know my windscreen also stopped working but I fixed it. It may have been precisely for that reason but could also have been unrelated as it was a long time ago. Sorry I couldn't help more.

I'm sure I've seen fuse box diagrams on here.

EDIT:- Found the ones mine relate too, but older ones also on here if you search.

Fuses Under the bonnet

Relays Rear of Inside Fuses

Any way of checking the resistance across the emerging wires from the screen itself? Maybe with the cold snap the filament has broken?

^^
As above, maybe worth a check of those wires/connections.

I remember seeing them on mine when I was doing something - may have actually been when my windscreen went buggy as I can't for the life of me remember why I would have had the A pillar trim off otherwise unless I was attempting some half arsed install of something or other. :funny:

If yo can access the connectors for the front screen element, it would then be possible to check if the live feed is getting to the screen and if the earth is OK. as its fairly high current, just doing a continuity test wouldn't necessarily be conclusive as a connection may be breaking down under load, the same would apply to the relay and its connections.

Back