FRP Talk with Peter Beattie @ Boreham

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smudge

Hey guys, I have penciled in a date for a talk on the history and development of the FRP at the old Ford Motorsport site at Boreham.

Head over to rpoc and confirm your attendance.

That's a cheeky little post... why not collate a list of names and information to attend here for those not on RPOC?

Im with dal, why doesnt he just post a thread asking for names like usually happens with FRP events??? Would certainly bring more people to such events as to be frank the RPOC hasnt the highest membership or a forum as active as here.

RPOC. hmm I tried to join about a year ago and was told that they were taking no new members...so gave up...

^ this (although I tried again last night and it worked this time - but couldn't find anything about this event as you're limited to a small section of the forum as a newbie)

I think the people who run the forum have changed (for the better), since the time of "no new members"

I joined last month, much more active now than it was

Simon mu
paulob1 said:
RPOC. hmm I tried to join about a year ago and was told that they were taking no new members...so gave up...

The fact that they want you over to RPOC to hand out the information rather than here says a lot.

:roll:

The reason is, the site is now owned by Essex Police and they will only let us use it if we are a recognised club, so the owners club suited them nicely. Because if that if it open to owners club members hence the post.

As we own rare cars is it not worth while to all be members of the owners club? Adds value to the cars also.

I think it best if I don't say anything else on the matter.

Good luck with the talk :eek:k:

Flying Scotsman said:
RARE CAR FRIENDS :thumbs: OOOOOOOH
_proxy.jpeg

I feel I must ask, what is the hostility towards the subject?

On all the forums I have ever been a member of I have never seen a reaction/backlash like that.

It's not your fault, Smudgey - it's just that many of us have previously tried to sign up to RPOC and not had our accounts activated or whatever - the other issue is that we're all about projects and modification here, and the RPOC lot are generally purists and get annoyed at the mere mention of anything non-standard.

I'm sure there are a good few of us who would be very interested in this event, it's just historically been a pain in the arse getting on that site. Maybe you weren't aware, because you're already a fully-fledged member and can roam freely about the forum, that we can't actually see the details of this event. New signups only have access to a very limited portion of the site until their login is manually upgraded by an administrator.

That's why it was suggested you just post the details here.

Smudgey - you may or may not be aware that in order to view details of the event, you have to hand over a minimum of £16 according to Lisa. I doubt it would go down very well to part with £16 and then find out you can't attend because the date clashes with some other commitment.

lisafrp said:
Hi

Fully paid up members of the Racing Puma Owners Club can see details about the Peter Beattie meet. If you would like to become a member please see more details here:

http://www.rpoc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2194

cheers
RPOC signup page said:
Bronze - One Year £16
By choosing this option you get 1 years membership which entitles you to first refusal for shows where numbers are limited and access to the members only area of the site and forum. You also get a stainless steel engraved RPOC/Ford Racing keyring, self cling sticker and membership card.

Silver - Two Years £26
By choosing this option you'll get 2 years membership, all the benefits above and also a RPOC/Ford Racing tax disc holder (usually given at renewal after the first year).

Gold - Lifetime Membership £52
By choosing this option you get lifetime membership, all the benefits of the two year membership and an A4 FRP print.

I think we'll leave the thread at that - everyone is aware of where to find more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back