frp titanium front bumper meshes; available to order

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko

cant find an original post so heres a new one.....

i got fed up of the steel meshes rusting, looking naff & being expensive so....

i found some titanium & made an exact* copy.....

* diamonds in mesh are vertical not horizontal and titanium version is bonded with an industrial glue rather than being welded like the steel one.....the only people who can really afford to have titanium welding facilities send funny shaped objects into space....& even then there not kept busy so are hired out to weld up bike frames etc....

the prototype has been on my car for at least 6 months & iv been very happy with it....

the only disadvantage being if hit (ie by a bird etc) the glue will fracture....the titanium is absolutely solid! whereas the steel version would be destroyed the titanium one will simple bend & come 'unglued'....

with this in mind i will offer a complete lifetime guarantee....if you brake it for any reason send it back & i will fix it for free for life....its no bother to me to give it a clean, slap it in the jig & re glue it....if you loose any bits you pay for them tho! its bl**dy expensive stuff!!!!!!

the 'finish' tho is the best bit....i polish them up slightly & then they settle to a really nice metallic silver grey titanium (funnily enough) colour.....and they will stay like that for a lot longer than the car will be on this earth!!!!

prototype installed.....i use stainless steel button head allen key bolts with a machined captive nut bonded onto the inside of the bumper to make life easy (not supplied). if you want a fixing kit i can put one together....prob about £10

[albumimg]554[/albumimg]

ps; all 3 meshes are included; the outer ones are absolutely minimalist due to cost of material so need to be accurate with the sealant when sticking them down!

they are made to order (if and when supplies of titanium are available)
price will vary depending how many other people i have to beat off when buying the materials! currently at around the £175 mark but theres a little discount on this forum

pps;

loved this comment so i had to post it....

when a 'key demographic' had a look he couldnt help but give it a prod....

'its bl**dy solid isnt it.....!'

Back