General Book Discussion

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystalpuma

Oh, and next on my list is to re-read the 'His Dark Materials' trilogy by Philip Pullman, which I read long enough ago that it should be interesting again :D

Not long finished 'Deception Point' by Dan Brown. Actually my favourite Dan Brown novel too. On a slightly less intellectual note, I'm currently reading 'Don't stop me now' by the Clarkson.

Neil, you know I like you and everything, but I'm not sure that you can get any less intellectual than Dan Brown.....<ducks for cover>

I've read all the Dan Brown Books, they're fairly harmless.

Clarkson can be quite entertaining, I sat next to the swimmimg pool last year on holiday giggling at a Clarkson book

Sarah said:
Neil, you know I like you and everything, but I'm not sure that you can get any less intellectual than Dan Brown.....<ducks for cover>

Good point, well presented!

I just don't have the patience to sit down and read anything much more heavy going (I made an exception for the Lord of the rings however, and that took me about two and a half months to read in full!)

This year we were fighting over the last of the Harry Potter books. As soon as one person finished it the next person grabbed it.

It took me 3 days to read it while baking in the sun

I've never taken to Potter. But I do tend to take against anything that's uber fashionable so quite possibly, once Rowling's lost her fortune and her credibility and Daniel Radcliffe has started to lurch out of nightclubs with a blonde on each arm and his flies unzipped, I might pick one up....

Neil1984 said:
Sarah said:

Good point, well presented!

I just don't have the patience to sit down and read anything much more heavy going (I made an exception for the Lord of the rings however, and that took me about two and a half months to read in full!)

Length isn't an indicator of quality (phnar phnar)....there are lots of short little novels around that are tight, concise and entertaining.

Sarah said:
I've never taken to Potter. But I do tend to take against anything that's uber fashionable so quite possibly, once Rowling's lost her fortune and her credibility and Daniel Radcliffe has started to lurch out of nightclubs with a blonde on each arm and his flies unzipped, I might pick one up....

So which would you pick up, one of the blondes or the greasy teenager with his flies undone? :-D

Sarah said:

Exactly my thinking!

I treated myself to a new book today as I arrived in London for my interview an hour early (not unusual for me!). I now have "Reformation 1490-1700" by Diarmaid MacColloch. I can't wait to finish my current two books now :D

Back