Vehicle Wanted Looking for a Puma to take rallying! (Any model/variant)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This ZR is used locally for rallying, I'm told it's goes really well, but I think a Puma is a better car, I'm biased of course.
My friend Kevin Leek does Targa rallies in his, as well as Chris Jones locally, as well as quite a few nationally. Puma's are also quite popular for auto tests, the Chairman of Witney Motor club uses one.
It looks pretty good actually, but I just had a quick look and some of the parts are way more expensive than Puma parts for a start, not to mention the handling

I have no idea if anyone's watching this thread but I'm still looking for a Puma if anyone sees this, although I'm also considering a Ford SportKa - with a bit of work im sure the power output can be pretty much the same and it also handles quite well apparently but I'm not too sure

Sounds good to me. I have a Puma Thunder that has the 1.7 engine and a few other goodies. It has done 81k miles and passed its MOT a week before Easter and is not rusty. I am looking for a bit more than £1200 but the car has had new Cambelt and Water pump, New Fuel Pump and new bushes to the front suspension.I am sure you could replace the seats with proper Rally seats and the leather interior could be sold on. I am near Coventry Email is [email protected] I did quite a bit of rallying when I was young and I know a Puma has vast properties that you need
Hi

I need to jump in here. If you are going to build a Targa car, it needs the rear seat still in it, and the door cards etc. Don't assume you can remove those items. Please please read the MSA regulations before starting to gut the interior. You need to fit a full cage (helps with the rigidity of the shell) Don't lower it. Put some diesel springs or similar on it, sump guard, tank guard, strut brace etc. Go and look at other Targa cars to see what people have done. Quire a few 1700cc Pumas have got good results on Targa events.

This ZR is used locally for rallying, I'm told it's goes really well, but I think a Puma is a better car, I'm biased of course.
My friend Kevin Leek does Targa rallies in his, as well as Chris Jones locally, as well as quite a few nationally. Puma's are also quite popular for auto tests, the Chairman of Witney Motor club uses one.
My ex-brother in law uses a 1400cc MGZR for Targa rallying. He put a LSD in the gearbox ( it is all Fiesta internals ) and fast road cams and re-mapped it. Consequence, an extra 23bhp with a lovely growl at 3000rpm ! He is now searching for a BMW 318TI Targa car as he wants to be in the top 10 and the MG is just not quick enough.

Hi

I need to jump in here. If you are going to build a Targa car, it needs the rear seat still in it, and the door cards etc. Don't assume you can remove those items. Please please read the MSA regulations before starting to gut the interior. You need to fit a full cage (helps with the rigidity of the shell) Don't lower it. Put some diesel springs or similar on it, sump guard, tank guard, strut brace etc. Go and look at other Targa cars to see what people have done. Quire a few 1700cc Pumas have got good results on Targa events.
Yeah don't worry, I've read all the regs but we're looking more at stage rallying than targa so don't worry :)

My hillclimb car may well be up for sale soon, welded in full cage, fair bit of lightening done I can send you the full spec if your interested… I’d be looking nearer £2500 if I could keep my seat and harness. But you could make a fair bit of that back selling the coilovers and tyres that are on it? It’s only done a shade under 49k miles too.

My hillclimb car may well be up for sale soon, welded in full cage, fair bit of lightening done I can send you the full spec if your interested… I’d be looking nearer £2500 if I could keep my seat and harness. But you could make a fair bit of that back selling the coilovers and tyres that are on it? It’s only done a shade under 49k miles too.
it sounds really cool but i dont think i can afford it, im working on a pretty tight budget unfortunately :/ if i had more to work with i probably would have gone for it but i just dont have the capacity right now sadly, sorry

Back