P0603 error code from OBD and still ABS and TC light.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex171515

I open a new topic because my problem has an evolution.

My target : Clear ABS and TC light to pass the french MOT

Problem : I have a P0603 code on my OBD device

After some search I saw that it can be battery, alternator or ECU.
Changing everything cost a lot ... maybe there is some other solutions.
Does everyone know something to remove ABS/TC light and the code P0603

Could you borrow a known good battery from another car to eliminate it being the culprit? Should be that hard of a job to transfer.

This site seems to have a few suggestions on what to look for before changing anything.

https://mechanicbase.com/trouble-code/p0603/

Not sure it will have anything to do with your ABS light though.

Hi, Yes not bad to check with another battery :) ... I didn't think about that ... puma will try 206 battery ;).
Thanks for the website red, I willl check.
But for the ABS and TC light my OBD device didn't tell me anything, for it the ABS works.

Mybe ABS issue is done by an other thing ... but what ?

Thanks for your replies.

Yesterday i clean the battery connexion with abrasive paper.
I try to start the car but ABS light still here.
I disconnect the battery to reset the ECU and tommorow I will check.

Hi everybody .... I am alone ^^
I nearly solve my problem, it can be usefull if somebody have the same issue.
Finally I tried with the app forscan and my bluetooth device and I finally get the C code for the abs.
The app fordsys is bad because I didn't see any issue for ABS.
The rear sensor was defective and I change them.
And I have the C1095 code for the ABS module, after some check I decide to buy one and it will come from UK ;)

Before buying the ABS module, first check the resistance value of each of the wheel sensors with an ohm meter. 1 or more of the sensors will have infinite resistance because it is open circuit.
If you search my previous posts as I have written about this before. :thumbs:

I had problems with my Ford S-Max and used Forscan to see if there were any faults. Forscan showed lots of ABS faults.
I checked these codes and learned on the Forscan website that these codes can me made by Forscan because of the way it reads/communicates with the ABS system. They may not be real fault codes!

I would advise to be careful and get the car checked properly with a proper scanner...

I had a mechanic check my codes with a professional scanner and there were no ABS codes on my car!

Hello Red,
No the light still here after changing rear sensor.
I do several reset and still here that's why I think there is a electrical component which was defected on the abs module.
Do you know if there is a special way to bleed the abs module ?

Hi I come back ...
Finally I bought a new ABS module and from england ^^ and it works, today the ABS ans TC light was clear :)
Problem solved

Back