puma 1.4 newer engine

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mixpuma

hi, I've just re-purchased my old 1.4 puma to go alongside my 1.7 puma. it still runs fine but it has done 150 000 miles. I've spotted a 1.4 engine in a breakers yard near me, however its a 2010 fiesta with 38 000 miles on it. I was wondering if it would be possible to do an engine swap using all the ancillaries off my old engine so that the ecu would work ok, also would the box be suitable for my driveshaft's ?
Low mileage puma 1.4 engine's don't seem to exist so this was my next option. any ideas or other possible 1.4 options ??

The 1.4 Duratec in the 2002 onwards Fiesta has a large number of detail changes compared to the 1.4 Zetec so your ancillaries probably won't work on it. There's plenty of 1.4 Mk5 Fiestas breaking though

There are a load of minor changes that can make it a ball ache job,
Sensors
Manifold
Oil breather
Fuel rail
Throttle body to name but a few. However, your best bet would be to stick your cylinder head onto the newer short block if you want to do it properly. If you really want that newer engine complete you will have to modify and change a few bits. I've done this myself only yesterday on the Mrs' 1.4. After all the agg of doing it and getting it all back in and running, I've found the water pump is leaking. So it's all coming out again and having a 1.7 conversion instead.

Back