Quadruple hello from the Pumas!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FRP351

Hi, my name is Tom, I bought my first Puma in October 2006 when I was 19 after my first promotion at work and I was shocked at how cheap FRP insurance was and sold my first car to use my new pride and joy - after covering 14,000 miles all over the UK in my first year I soon decided it wasn't the best winter car on ice or snow so thereafter it became shared use with another car. Many ups and even more downs over the years including too many years on SORN with broken parts I finally got it back on the road last year and despite needing some more TLC it is at least driving again 😁 Over the last year three more Puma's have joined the stables including a Millennium and a 1.6 both of which need welding for MOT and a track converted 1.7 which came with the trailer I needed but I couldn't resist another Puma!

I have been recommended joining here as a former member of other Puma groups and forums in the past I hope to find a home here too!

Also does anyone know how to change the avatar? The photo of a Robin sitting on a Russian plate in my garden was about 15 years ago when I was cleaning the plate before joining my collection (I collect number plates as a hobby). I don't know why it has been assigned on here?!

And if you are wondering where they live, I managed to put aside a corner of the unit I work from for the cars! FRP is the only one currently on the road and comes out for drives regularly all year round! (currently covered in mud from the country roads around here).
pumas.jpg

Hi, my name is Tom, I bought my first Puma in October 2006 when I was 19 after my first promotion at work and I was shocked at how cheap FRP insurance was and sold my first car to use my new pride and joy - after covering 14,000 miles all over the UK in my first year I soon decided it wasn't the best winter car on ice or snow so thereafter it became shared use with another car. Many ups and even more downs over the years including too many years on SORN with broken parts I finally got it back on the road last year and despite needing some more TLC it is at least driving again 😁 Over the last year three more Puma's have joined the stables including a Millennium and a 1.6 both of which need welding for MOT and a track converted 1.7 which came with the trailer I needed but I couldn't resist another Puma!

I have been recommended joining here as a former member of other Puma groups and forums in the past I hope to find a home here too!

Also does anyone know how to change the avatar? The photo of a Robin sitting on a Russian plate in my garden was about 15 years ago when I was cleaning the plate before joining my collection (I collect number plates as a hobby). I don't know why it has been assigned on here?!

And if you are wondering where they live, I managed to put aside a corner of the unit I work from for the cars! FRP is the only one currently on the road and comes out for drives regularly all year round! (currently covered in mud from the country roads around here).
View attachment 11739
Welcome to the group, Puma's are addictive. I have 2, both MOTd, one is on SORN until the better weather.

Hi and welcome. I bought my first 1.7 moondust Puma in 2008 which was rudely written off about 6 months later. So I bought another one and ha e had that ever since.
How great that you have somewhere nice to keep your set, wish I had the same!
Used to be on the other forum was Cubapuma!

Last edited:
Welcome to the site, to change your avatar (assuming you're on PC) click your name at the top right corner, click the avatar photo and then choose a new one.

Hi and welcome. I bought my first 1.7 moondust Puma in 2008 which was rudely written off about 6 months later. So I bought another one and ha e had that ever since.
How great that you have somewhere nice to keep your set, wish I had the same!
Used to be on the other forum was Cubapuma!
That's never nice to lose a loved car! I've only had access to the place since last year, previous to that the FRP was parked at my mother's house on the drive looking worse year after year :(
Welcome to the site, to change your avatar (assuming you're on PC) click your name at the top right corner, click the avatar photo and then choose a new one.
Found it thank you! I couldn't see those options yesterday so perhaps I had to wait 24 hours or something like that!
Hello

Funny enough, I nearly purchase the FRP "T1CKF" in 2005
I reckon I must have bought it from the guy who bought it instead of you by that time frame as he had it for a year apparently. I was the 6th owner after 6 years which isn't a great statistic but hopefully now after 18 years of ownership I've averaged it out a bit!

Reactions: red
It wasn't at all nice to lose V701 DUT!
He was the first car I ever bought that I wanted, rather than buying the first available cheap old nail that could be found!
I was gutted and shocked as no one had ever driven into me before.
They hit the back of him and cannoned us into the car in front. I knew he was going to be written off as I was stationary and watching the car that hit me, coming up behind in the rear view mirror, knowing it wouldn't stop in time. I wasn't hurt except from a bruise on my ribs from the seatbelt and my arms hurt as I had unconsciously braced myself on the wheel.
However much I loved Dutty and I did, I was his 7th owner ( not lucky for him, sadly).
I am only the second owner of the replacement and I love her loads too. The first driver loved her and drove her as if made of glass!

Hello all very shiny! Interesting that an, ahem 'proper' Puma enthusiast would also go for the new branded one! How are you finding the green one (apart from it glowing in the dark😉)?
To say they are very different cars is quite an understatement! The new one has an amazing spec, so comfortable and as many notice very bright!! I suppose where they are the same is when you want or need to plant your right foot, then they both turn into great handling and performing cars which are fantastically fun to drive so you can be guaranteed to put a smile on your face.

Back