Single din fascia

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PumaHammer

Hello people,

I am putting a different stereo in and have on of those adaptors which covers up the space left upon removal of the Ford unit.

I know that part just clips in, but what of the bracket and what looks like a support of some kind?

It's this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180882302759?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

HELP!!! lol

Cheers,

Steve.

The other plastic part mounts to back of your single din radio and slides along the hanging rail just above the unit.

The two 'u' shaped metal tools are to remove the standard radio. You push them into the square holes either side to release it.

I would stronlgy recommend to go for original Ford kit. The plastic is miles better, it is very solid and snug fit; all the eBay clones rattle and break easily.
The HU is supported at the back by that slider that goes on a rail that is inside. You need to attach it to the back of HU with a bolt and then just slide the HU in until it clicks into place. You will also, most probably, need a Ford to ISO adapter set

Ah cheers guys, much appreciated.

The only part I was confused about was the plastic bits lol I got the unit out easy as :)

I have got an ISO on it's way as well.

Thanks again,

Steve.

Wild E. Coyote said:
[post]348207[/post] I would stronlgy recommend to go for original Ford kit. The plastic is miles better, it is very solid and snug fit; all the eBay clones rattle and break easily.
The HU is supported at the back by that slider that goes on a rail that is inside. You need to attach it to the back of HU with a bolt and then just slide the HU in until it clicks into place. You will also, most probably, need a Ford to ISO adapter set

Is there a genuine single din adapter for the Puma? I'm going to be changing my stereo as the CD player seems to have given up the ghost but I can't find any info on one. Is there a finis number if there is one?

There is a complete instalation kit. Finis should be 1107470 (but, check, please, I might be wrong). It will arrive in black colour. To match it nicely, get a moondust silver in can (repair kit, comes in two; silver and clear coat) and respray it silver :wink:

Ok, had another go lol

The long plastic part, what is that for?

I am well confused lmao

Wild E. Coyote said:
[post]348265[/post] There is a complete instalation kit. Finis should be 1107470 (but, check, please, I might be wrong). It will arrive in black colour. To match it nicely, get a moondust silver in can (repair kit, comes in two; silver and clear coat) and respray it silver :wink:

Cheers for that, the number is correct I think. It was the only Ford fascia I could find online but it's listed for the Focus, I didn't realise that they had the same shape stereo as the Puma to be honest.

I am not sure it is the same as focus Mk1 as the rail in focus is below HU. In puma it is above!

Have a look here, in my thread about ICE. Probably it will answer most of your questions....http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=21157

Cheers again Coyote. No mention of the finis number in the thread, a good read though! A bit more research required I think!

Back