Standard Ford Spoiler?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red

Administrator
Staff member
What do you guys think of the huge evo style spoiler that was an option for the Puma?

I used to like it quite alot but now I am not so sure and think I now prefer the F2?

For the size of the Puma, such a huge spoiler looks ridiculous. Besides, unless you're actually using the car as a rally car, it serves no real practical purpose.

The MS design spoiler was also offered by Ford I believe, and is a lot more subtle. I have one fitted to mine; it was fitted by Ford from new at the request of the guy who bought it.

Rear2.jpg

The F2 spoilers are ok on FRPs, but only just. I'm not really a fan of in-your-face body kits of any kind, I prefer the more subtle approach if I had to make a choice.

As ever I can't see the point of adding something to the Puma that slows it down. It's hardly a ball of fire as it is, and adding drag to no purpose seems a strange thing to do.

XIIVVX

*Rolls up sleeves*

Like increasing it's track and adding a Tickford bodykit?

:p

Aaaah, but doesn't the extra 30bhp compensate? Sort of? Just a tiny bit? etc

Just think how much quicker it'd have been if they left it as standard though. All that extra weight with more metal in the wishbones, 4 rear quarter panels etc..

:lol:

Hey no problem.

If the massive 125 bhp is too much to handle why not add some drag? :shock:

XIIVVX Wonders if Jason will take him back

XIIVVX

XIIVVX said:
Hey no problem.

If the massive 125 bhp is too much to handle why not add some drag? :shock:

XIIVVX Wonders if Jason will take him back

XIIVVX

123 bhp, but close enough between friends :)

Would you really want to go back?

All in all I preferred my 80,000 1.7 miles to my 39,000 FRP miles.

Mostly as the car was/is used as day-to-day transport.

Of course there were some glorious crispy bright East Anglian mornings when everything came together on my 25 mile commute through the countryside and the FRP experience can't be beaten.

But overall it would be the 1.7 for me

XIIVVX

Must admit the FRP does look the dogs danglies

:eek:k:

(I've done nearly 30K miles in 14 months in mine and mines probably firmer with skinnier tyres :( great fun though if you can hold onto the wheel when cornering over bumps - and a scream on a track)

I'll stick to hanging onto the passenger door handle and the seat! :shock:

Standard props and suspension for me any day!

To get my Milly where it is today cost more than many FRPs for sale.

I wouldn't go back to an FRP unless I were planning to strip it down to bare shell, cut out the rear floor section, weld in a rollcage, bolt in a rear subframe and run a Honda F20C engine (S2000) with twin bike radiators mounted in ducts in the rear quarter panels, fit an F2 rear spoiler and sell most of the trim on eBay...
Photoshop mock up here: http://www.projectpuma.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=36&full=true&user_id=27
Basically it wouldn't be an FRP at all and would possibly upset a few purists :p

I am after a black carbon fibre lip (not a full spoiler) to run around the top edge of the bootlid but nobody makes it :cry:

BOK said:
Photoshop mock up here:

Spoiler apart that looks very nice, though as you say - not an FRP.

It's one of those projects you'd do for your own satisfaction and lose a shed-load of money on. Love to see it done though.

XIIVVX

Back