ABS problem any ideas please

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stirl

Hi all sorry to dive straight into the fourm with a problem, I'm asking on behalf of my daughter as shes not up on tech stuff but loves her puma to bits.
Her battery died last week and I fitted a new one but since then the abs and trac lights came on and stayed on, today she drove the car to work stopped at the shops but when she started it again the lights went out (abs trac) but the abs system went a bit mad with the abs pump operating every now and the and loosing normal braking at times. I disconected the battery for 30 mins tonight thinking it might reset the system but its still the same, any Ideas please.
Stirl.

One of the sensors went south. Most probably one of the front ones. Easy check: take an ohmmeter and measure the resistance of all the sensors. You should get a reading of 1100 ohms (or there abouts; range from 1070 to 1170 is OK). If the system acts erradically, most probably you will get a reading of resistance which is higher (say about 1700 Ohm). If you measure 0 ohm, the sensor is dead altogether

Thanks, just about to get it on the jacks now, I'll let you know the result. cheers.

Yep both sensors open curcuit, one had a dodgy reading when you first connect the meter probe then shows open curcuit. I found a split cv boot too more work me :-( .
Thanks for the info mr Coyote.

Now the fun begins. You have to take them out. They will be welded by the rust and impossible to take out. You will have to destroy them. Be careful not to harm or deform the tone rings in any way!

Latest posts

Back