Tax Disc

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yippeekiay said:
Yeah this new rule about no transferring tax is a possible pain in the arse. Can't remember exactly how it works if you buy a car, get insurance for it that day and try and get tax for it. You won't be able to get it online as they won't see that it's insured even if it is as it takes a few days to load in the system from the insurer.

Not sure if you can still get it from the post office with a printed off covernote emailed from your insurer either.

Bit of a stupid system too if you can't drive your new car which is zero rated tax :lol:

Looks like you don't need insurance to tax it now. I insured my puma the day before I got it. Just took reg document and MOT to post office and walked away with receipt for tax.

The post office know if it's insured from the insurance database they have. They also know if it's MOT'd or not.

I only took my V5C/2 new driver supplement slip of paper when I taxed my newly purchased M3 as I didn't have the V5 back yet or renewal notice and it was fine.

I can see spikes in car sales (and prices!) at the very end of any given month
with that it could mean better prices and choice at the start...

I'm going to scan an old one play around in photoshop to make the tax disc yellow and change the date to 31-12-1999 for my Millie and try and buy an age related reto one for my classic mini, its gone from my van lol,

interestingly, I sold my old van as a trade in a couple of months ago, and they wanted tax as part of trade in, so they use on road if need be.

Yesterday I received a cheque from DVLA for a tax refund, I guess maybe when they get the V5 form they automatically cancel the tax disc and refund, or maybe when a new tax is purchased for vehicle.

Certainly the dealer didn't get refund, if they tried to cash it in!

spike. said:
interestingly, I sold my old van as a trade in a couple of months ago, and they wanted tax as part of trade in, so they use on road if need be.
That was a swindle: the trade don't need tax: they'll have trade plates.

Here's my tax disc:

14967680894_c45a3c7b69_b.jpg

The FP 29022000 is the date Tudge rolled off the production line.

Yes, I use CorelDraw and Corel Photo-Paint. Before these, I made a copy of a 1953 Tax Disc for a Ford Zephyr Six that's in the final stages of restoration and got carried away. Now my wife wants me to make "a nice one" for her Suzuki... but there's not much you can say about Suzukis...

Back