Handling way off..

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewjeffs

I think i have ruined my pumas handling.
It was handling great till a few weeks ago when i swerved to avoid a fkn cat and hit the kerb REAL HARD.
Instantly threw the steering off by a mile and bent a strut!

Had 2 new front sachs struts and lower arms on both sides fitted as the bushes looked tired..then had it tracked back in.

Since then the cars horrible...the back end seems to be squatting down on accelaration..as the front is notcably lifting on accelaration..the car is also all floaty when before it was planted.

I think i must have whacked the rear strut on the kerb as well and possibly done damage to that as well.

Cant think it can be anything else to cause this squatting..pissed right off.
This wil be its 3rd new front wheel and fifth new tyre after hitting stones and fkn potholes in the last few months..everytime a new tyre down the pan..costing me a fortune!

andrewjeffs said:
It was handling great till a few weeks ago when i swerved to avoid a fkn cat and hit the kerb REAL HARD.

Had 2 new front sachs struts and lower arms on both sides fitted as the bushes looked tired..then had it tracked back in.

Since then the cars horrible...the back end seems to be squatting down on accelaration..as the front is notcably lifting on accelaration..the car is also all floaty when before it was planted.

I think i must have whacked the rear strut on the kerb as well and possibly done damage to that as well.

This wil be its 3rd new front wheel and fifth new tyre after hitting stones and fkn potholes in the last few months..everytime a new tyre down the pan..costing me a fortune!

Hi

Hopefully it will be sorted and she will run just like before,
I understand your reason about the money.I bought the Puma a week ago and with this week ,I'll be spending appr.Ł500. About the cats: there are suicide cats, who run purposely toward a car. I almost had an accident a few years back and now, if I can't aviod the impact by braking, than I just hope, the body wom't damage anything underneath. Once I had stopped in time, when a cat jumped out from a bush, but than it walked back and waited for the next car.
Which town are you from? Just to avoid that city :)

joedeltahf said:
is it not just nice firm new front shocks vs old squigy rears ie replace the rears aswell :|
car didnt have week shocks..handling was spot on..so cant see why changing the fronts would cause the squatting...i have to get it on a ramp to see whats going on.

rears bounce back up when rear of car is pushed down

Sylvester said:
andrewjeffs said:

Hi

Hopefully it will be sorted and she will run just like before,
I understand your reason about the money.I bought the Puma a week ago and with this week ,I'll be spending appr.Ł500. About the cats: there are suicide cats, who run purposely toward a car. I almost had an accident a few years back and now, if I can't aviod the impact by braking, than I just hope, the body wom't damage anything underneath. Once I had stopped in time, when a cat jumped out from a bush, but than it walked back and waited for the next car.
Which town are you from? Just to avoid that city :)
Devon countyside mate..everything is strewn across the roads down here..

[/quote]
Devon countyside mate..everything is strewn across the roads down here..[/quote]

Many people I know say, they love Devon and the that's best town in the uk. Great holiday spot.

Car more badly damaged than i thought..it appears i also hit the rear on the kurb as i swerved to avoid the moggy.
Tracking center says the rear axel is bent!...as well as the rear wheel also bent..so thats just about it for the car.

The lifting on the front seems to be coming up from the drivers side...the drop link seems to look alright,but its so thin i cant see how this wasnt bent in the whack..The knuckle seems to move as it should,with no clonking..
What are the symptoms if the drop link is bent..could this cause this front end lifting??

rear bush on the front control arm gone maybe? as you throttle on the whole bottom arm will move backwards and inwards and possibly upwards

Back