water leak

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshLaw

Sitting in the car today while it was raining and water was dripping in the passenger door - right down the middle and also down from the passenger door mirror (i have taken the door mirror off and resealed this area) - water seems to be bouncing off the wiring towards the bottom of the door and onto the floor of the passenger side.

Any ideas people?

Take the door card off and check the vapour barrier. You will probably find that it has come unstuck from the door and is letting water in.

I assume you mean the plastic sheet that covers the door - this has been removed in its entirety as I am soundproofing the car.

My other Puma has this removed anyway and never leaks.

ok.

So what is the sticky stuff that is used to stick on the weathershield and where do I get it from (I see from the USA websites that 3M have the solution - but its not available in the UK - so what do we use?) and what grade of plastic is the weathershield made from?

I have used butyl tape sold on Ebay in rolls of various thicknesses. This is what BMW use for their vapour barriers.

Back