A few old Puma and Racing Puma pictures.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artie

I,ve dug out a few old pics from when the Puma was a new car and how they were around my life at that time.
I was running a Mk2 XR2 at that time as an everyday and show car,my sister bought No108 of the first batch back in 97,we went with her to buy it and parked the XR2 outside Skipton Ford when we came out there were more people looking at the old XR than the new Puma :grin:
One week old

with my old XR2

She kept that until I saw the Thunder and suggested she bought one this she duly did without even telling her husband!!
Again one week old

Gutted when I saw the interior,how could she treat a new car like that?

I was then running another XR2 as a show and everyday car,XR2 and Thunders first winter

My mate bought this brand new in 2000,picture taken at Ford Fair 2000

RSOC National day at Silverstone they were running white Puma,s as track cars,never seen one since

Racing Puma pics on the Ford stand pre-launch

Badged as an ST160

A random Racing Puma at Ford Fair 2000

Puma Babe said:
I'm sure I have seen A16XRT on XROC stands at various events

Thanks for the comments glad you liked the pics :wink:

You probably have seen XRT around she,s still doing the rounds,it was on Gumtree at the beginning of the year for £4250 and she wasn,t there two days.

Cool pics. I bet if you treated the rear aches with waxoil from new they would still be as good as new now.

Glenn_ said:
Cool pics. I bet if you treated the rear aches with waxoil from new they would still be as good as new now.

If only I knew then what I know now Glenn!
Our kid kept the Thunder about 5 years it had only done 40,000 miles and I had first refusal,it was absolutley goosed,arches rotten and the sills by the bottom corner of each door,a scrape where she caught a low wall and a dent in the door where she,d pulled out on a (female)motorcyclist who then followed her to the next roundabout and promptly got off and booted the door :roll:

There's nothing quite like the finish of a late 90's film photo. There's a warmth that digital just doesn't have. It's like watching home movies that were made on VHS.

Latest posts

Back