Track Stuff

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PumaJay said:
Simple terms...

If you use your car on track mainly but still like to get out on the road in it then throw a set of Nankang NS2-R's at it, they are great tyres and you can get a set for about £240 so not mega money.

If your car is nothing but track use then buy the best you can afford, R888's, Advans, Pilot sport's. what ever your budget allows.

As I say to everyone that asks me why my puny little puma is faster than there big power car round a track...... If you cant drive fast with 130bhp, 300bhp wont do you any favors!

Cheers Jay,

In my instance it is purely for track, so i was always intending on some 888's.

I have then realized that they are pretty expensive and given some say they can wear pretty quickly im starting to think maybe i shouldnt.

I then swayed more to the Nankangs, will these be good enough for the track?

I like the last two lines you put... My friend thinks he wants to bring his new Z4 along and that he would show me how to drive... I reminded him that my Puma cost all of £150 and will most certainly come out best when its a ''1 gap 2 cars scenario''...

The nankangs will be fine for track use, my brothers fiance has them on her mx5 turbo, 210bhp and it just grips and goes, they come with the power fine, to the point where I struggled to get the back end out on it even with a big old clutch kick!

for the power a puma makes then nankangs are more than up to the job

I went for the 180 grade as they last longer and was told by local tyre fitter (who races a clio) that these would better suit the car than the softer 120 grade.

For trackdays (unless you are minted) I'd have to agree with your tyre fitter.
soft are great if they are used in one 20 minute qualifier and one 20 minute race.
Supersoft work well on sprints and hill limbs where its a short blast from cold.

The 180 is the medium/hard compound (which I suggest) and the 120 is the soft/medium

Really really struggling.

I can only seem to get the NS2R's in the 86 rating rather than the 82 :(

i guess they would not suit...?

Latest posts

Back