2014 trackday meets?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Afternoon,

Just booked Cadwell for the 1st October £99 for open pitlane day session, was hoping to see if any of you lot will be there?

Yes Stephen, its gonna be 17 Oct before I get on track again.
I got kids starting college courses and I need to do a bit of surgery on the car.
You are more than welcome along (im sure passenger wristbands are only a fiver ;-))

I looked at the 1st, but being a Wednesday its a bit of a problem (3hrs away and I do have to work!)
Good price mind you :)

Yeah a bit of a bugger being smack in the middle of the week. managed to get the day off so its not too bad. maybe the track will be a little clearer?

shame, i was looking forward to seeing some of the puma's.

Keep an eye on this thread Sam, people have shouted out when they've booked trackdays, there will be others.
There will be a couple of pumas at Blyton in November. This ticks a few boxes (weekend, cheap, easy to get to, friendly track)
As my planned winter lay up is happening in September I'll be looking a trackdaus through the winter (when its cheap ;-))

I'm keeping an open mind for this date. It's only 20 quid more than I paid for an evening session. Going blyton on 21st Sept and if there's any spaces left after that I'll be sorely tempted. Then Donington will defo be last one this year.

Bentleya said:
I'll be booking at the end of the month.

I just need an exhaust for the car and a helmet for my head.

Still have your FRP backbox if you get desperate :wink:

As for a helmet I went with a lightweight one, hired them with the two before last trackdays and had a terrible achy neck the following day on both occasions.

Anyone booking a garage? I'll share one with someone if they need it as I'll be bringing my semi's

Have you got a link to the helmet you bought Neil?

I'll probably take the exhaust off of FRP 190 as I've got a new one waiting to go on.

Bentleya said:
Have you got a link to the helmet you bought Neil?

I'll probably take the exhaust off of FRP 190 as I've got a new one waiting to go on.

I can't actually remember where I got it from mate but it was basically a re-branded sparco club J1 sold as a motorcycle helmet, the original club J1 is not that expensive anyway to be fair.

Might be cheaper elsewhere but this came up first:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/helmets/sparco-club-j1-helmet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Did Snetterton yesterday, was brilliant fun, 170 odd miles on track in puma, and still fine, and drove 120miles home afterwards, thats trackday No 3 this year, in the Puma (others at Castle Combe, and Thruxton)

3rd Nov is out for me, 27th at brands looks most likely as off that week, its half term, so can't get away with disappearing for a few days up north :D

would like to do Cadwell at some time, but probably going to have to wait till next year now :(

Holding off booking for couple of weeks, as Wed that week is GP trackday at Silverstone, although still a bit pricey @289, and would involve a night away as well.

Distance is my issue too.
I suppose for a lot of us a trek across country and back for one days hooning, is difficult logistically.

It just means Brands will be a treat one day.
Much like Oulton or Angelsey to the lads (and lassies) down in Essex..

Rockingham is a decent national meet circuit, I hope plenty make it for the #trackaddict day planned for next March..

change of plans for me, have now booked Bedford for 1st Nov

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=914itemid=11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GT circuit £139 for day

Loved the SW circuit, GT can only be better but it just has nothing on a real motorsport circuit (mainly because its dead flat) been hearing from many that nothing can match the thrill dips and curves of Brands :)

grayfox said:
Loved the SW circuit, GT can only be better but it just has nothing on a real motorsport circuit (mainly because its dead flat) been hearing from many that nothing can match the thrill dips and curves of Brands :)

Brands is a fantastic circuit, even the Indy is an absolute hoot, being local have driven it numerous times, although not done yet in Puma, will just wait till end of Nov/Dec when next week off, and see whats available, at a 1/2 decent price, never done bedford, and fits in with my week/weekend off

Back