Another Puma to add to the collection

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbushrat

Just been and picked up puma no3!
Its a good have car for what I need and has lots off good stuff on it and is in good nick.
DSC_0648_zpsd9a35520.jpg

Spotted that for sale the other day, looked ok but it didn't really have many bits we don't already have otherwise I may have considered it.

Phil

It's in realy good nick and got it for a lot less than it was and is all tight.
Drives well and stops well. Drove it 150 miles back home with no problems.
Needs the Speedo sorting and temp gauge sorting.
Cage is a bad home made job so that's coming out and a new safety devices cage going that I have.

Nothing worse than a badly done home brew cage, I have a sd one and it's a nice bit of kit, those poles know how to weld. I had all the feet mounts and plates welded in by an ex msport mechanic just to be safe. Main bits left is an ecu, suspension and seats before its out on the stages.

Phil

Cool just got cage and safety bits to do. Cage I booked in to be fitted on the 7th. What u looking to do for your first event?
Your just up the road from me you know!

Graeme

No idea on a 1st event yet, main plan is to have a car that is quick over the ranges. We have a certain 106 to try an catch. No rush to have it finished, I do a lot of codriving at the min and have a busy year events wise this year. I had an idea you where local, I think you posted on the rally forum with a similar name and put 2&2 together.

Phil

U need big balls to be quick over the ranges. I use a different name on the rally forum.
Our plans have changed due to getting this silver car it's ready just to put a cage in and the safety gear and go. The black one is now going to be made to a higher spec.
We are doing Mull this year so thay will be good and hopefully run 2 cars next year.
Are you running a 1600 then?

Graeme

Must be someone else local building one then, lots of competition for used parts!

Have the 1.7 on ITB's in it at the min while we build a big spec 1400 screamer for the future. I know it will be nowhere in class at the min but it will have similar power to the 1.4 so we can get the car set up for the new motor while it's getting built.

Phil

We are just running a standard 1700 it will be quick enuff and has served well in road rallys beating more Powerfull cars. I think if your a decent driver you can suprise people.
Our car will off cost less than a box in a lot of cars out there and like you say u have a 106 to beat and I have a proton in mine!

All I can say is, we will be trying, however much power we have. :cool:

Can I ask a favour, can you take a photo of the front sump guard mount please? I'm not happy with the current set up, have a few ideas but not 100% on what to go for yet.

Phil

I will take one for you but I don't think it's fantastic but it has dun ok for the last owner.
I had started making one similar to Chris birkbecks set up on the s1600 cars.

Graeme

Latest posts

Back