Leicester meet, Saturday 14 Sept

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenF

the management is pleased to announce the date of the next Leicester meet - the clue is in the title of this thread!

as in previous years, we will begin the meet at the Harvester pub/restaurant, Loughborough,(LE11 4EX) near junction 23 of the M1, at midday

PLEASE READ TO THE END OF THIS POST AS THERE IS A CHANGE TO THE MEAL PLANS AT THE END OF THE DAY BECAUSE OF THE DODGY WEATHER FORECAST. Instead of a bbq we will go to the Noodle Bar where you can get a meal for around a fiver

if you can let me know if you are coming I will add you to the list of peeps attending:
BenF + 1 (Ben & Carol) + bbq
scofield.1 +1 (James & Gary) + bbq
PumaBabe + 3 (Yvonne, Pete + Anthony & Brendan) + bbq
Midnight Blue (Pat) + bbq
Dal and Cherie (self explanatory) + bbq
Zara (meal at start only)
Neil + bbq
Patch (Scott) - provisional
evilrob (Rob) + bbq
hotrodspike (John)
martinthrapston (Martin) + bbq
crystalpuma +Supersonic (Vix and Kev) + bbq
spike (in cognito) + bbq
oilburner +1 (Darren and Hayden)
mort666 (Paul) + bbq
lrrhood (Kay) (provisional) + bbq
Sparx (Amanda) + bbq
waterbug-55 (Dean) (provisional) + bbq
PumaJay (Jay)
Veg98 (Steph & Ash) - bringing 2 pumas!
[FireFly90 (David) Noodle Bar only]
warrenpenalver (Warren!) + bbq
Dave93.marsh (Dave)
collins1234 +1 (Leo) + bbq
Chardy (Rich) + bbq
Julie&Kev (Julie & Kev and Alivia)
jonykidd (real name awaited!)

the plan is that after the afternoon drive Gary (scofield.1) will host a barbecue for which you will have to make a £5 contribution, and any profits (if any!) will go to Macmillan cancer support. Food and soft drinks/tea/coffee will be provided but you will have to bring your own alcoholic beverages; please also let me know if you plan to come to the barbecue. Please also let me know if you have any special dietary requirements and we will try to accommodate them

I have no idea of the route yet, but I will add information about it nearer the time, as well as anything else you might need to know, to this first post on the thread; anything else you need, please ask!

Dal edit:
This is the route for the day which is available to download and print out to bring with you and follow on the day.
http://db.tt/VTD9uw2e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

route to the Noodle Bar:
• turn right out of the Bull's Head car park and at the T-junction at the end of the road turn right to Woodhouse

• follow this road and at the mini roundabout take the first exit (straight on); go past Beaumanor Hall and the Manor House pub/restaurant

• carry on to the traffic lights at the crossroads in Quorn; turn left and take the first exit at the first roundabout; at the next roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the dual carriageway (straight on)

• at the roundabout after hitting the 30 mph limit take the 2nd exit (straight on)

• at the next roundabout take the 2nd exit (straight on); at the following roundabout take the 3rd exit (turn right)

• after half a mile you reach a junction into a yellow box; take the right hand lane (of 2)

• enter the yellow box and take the right hand lane at the traffic lights ahead; at the traffic lights go straight on

• follow the road round slightly to the right and after another 100m turn right into the Beehive Lane car park – as long as it is after 6 pm when we go into the car park it will cost 50 p to park

• regroup at the car park to go to the Noodle Bar, 32 Bedford Street LE11 2DS (01509 269247)!

Hurrah for the return of the Leicestershire meet! (That doesn't go to Leicester...)

We'll partake in BBQ goodness please

I'm down as provisional, all depends on work and new parenthood at time :wink:

quest63 said:
Its a greet and meat then?
It's a meet and greet in our fleet plus meat. Don't drag your feet - it won't be complete til you book your seat, so confirm you're on board tout de suite!

evilrob said:
quest63 said:
Its a greet and meat then?
It's a meet and greet in our fleet plus meat. Don't drag your feet - it won't be complete til you book your seat, so confirm you're on board tout de suite!

I cant beat that so I wont try :-D

What's the deal for veggies? Happy to bring own foods if I can drop them off in someone's freezer somehow?! If not I'll work something out!

Please put me down for this plus the very generous BBQ offer :D

And thank-you sooooo much for choosing a charity I can ethically support :D

Please add me to the list, but don;t use my real name lol
smiley-w-hat-sunglasses2.jpg

I'll come to the BBQ as well.

When route is prepared, I can do it as a TYRE file, so people can upload to their TomTom or Garmin :)

Latest posts

Back