Colin's Christmas Meal Saturday 13th December 8pm

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystalpuma

Soooo it's nearly Christmas!

People have voted for Milton Keynes! The pub is the Caldecotte Arms, Bletcham Way, Caldecotte, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK7 8HP

The menu is here. We need to submit menu choices by 29th November so please let me know what you'd like by 25th November so I'm not doing it at the last minute. I will need final numbers by then, especially since they do not amend booking over the telephone!

The only rule is please wear yellow!

Daytime activity: I simply do not have time to organise this so close to Christmas so if anyone would like to take the reins please do!

UPDATE
£3 non-refundable deposit is required per person. I'm happy to stand this for people who I have met before but I can't do it for people I don't know. Please confirm ASAP if you wish to come and I will PM you my email for paypal payments. If you don't have paypal you'll have to send a cheque snail mail style!

27/11/14 update: I have booked and paid deposit for 16 people. I spoke to the manager today, who was much more helpful than the dumb lackeys I was getting on the phone earlier. I therefore have high hopes for adding Neil at the last minute if he can make it (or anyone else for that matter!).

Confirmed
Crystalpuma (+1?)
Spike
Evilrob
Puma Babe
Oilburner - deposit paid
Neil TBC
Warrenpenalver - deposit paid
DOH (+1) - deposit paid x2
Darren & Cherie
Bentlya - deposit paid
Paul Smiffy +1 - deposit paid
Red - deposit paid
Martinthrapston - deposit paid

We boycotted Giraffe last year on account of the piss poor service, trying to diddle us out of the bubbly on arrival and being seated by an automatic door which opened and closed when someone outside walked past, letting in an icy cold blast of air each time in 2012.

Glad you're apparently taking on organising it this year.

I've been the odd one out in the voting so far. I did have an idea that I mentioned at Trax, but haven't taken further, of having it near us in Corby. There's a Beefeater with a Premier Inn attached just around the corner from us that could be an option, and rather having a drive before, there's a kart track that could be a fun afternoon.

I'd be in for the karting and meal - something different :)

The one i'm thinking of do a group karting Grand Prix. They've also got paintball and lazer tag, plus a restaurant etc. looks like about £35 per driver.

I'm not trying to take over, just putting the idea out there at the moment.

Anywhere is ok for me, I'll go with whatever the majority go for as long as there is a B&B within easy reach.

(I'm probably too fat for karting but I can cheer on the racers :) )

Apologies for being so rubbish I haven't even checked the thread!!

I'm confused as the majority of voters said MK but the majority of commenters said they like the Corby idea!

This is the menu from Beefeater - are we all agreed? Darren and Cherie do you want to arrange karting or am I just being cheeky?!

We won't have a chance this weekend, but we'll call in next weekend to see what they can offer us. If anyone else is inerested in karting, shout up so that we have an idea on numbers when we go in to have a chat.

Karting would be different...

Their nwebsite says...

The Race Club UK Grand Prix

5mins practice followed by 5 lap heats, 7 lap semi final and 10 lap final

Ages 14+ - £35 per person - 12 to 40 people required

Thanks Ross... you didn't feel like waiting until I've had a chance to actually speak to someone there then, see if I can get a better deal?

I very much doubt they'll be more than 12 people on the meet in total let alone the 12 minimum that'll do karting.

Might be a pessimistic view I know but there's normally more people drop out last minute than decide to come along last minute.

I quite liked the pub last year.

The minimum of 12 is only for the 'Grand Prix' offer. It's not the only thing they do.

But obviously, the majority have voted for Milton Keynes. I'm only going arrange something if it's what the majority want. That requires more people than just the usual suspects joining in.

Otherwise I can see this idea disappearing with the same whimper that Car of the Month and the calendar did...

I agree with Dal .I thought the Caldecott Arms Mk was excellent quality food , extremely good value with good service in a great location. It was also very centrally located for people to get to. it would also be good to meet up earlier for a drive or an event also, meeting up somewhere before during daylight to take in some scenery on route, before it gets dark.

I thought it was terrible quality food but I'll have to go with the majority. It will mean not karting though as it's obviously nowhere the karting track.

Ross was only giving some info, not stating this was the only offer, no need to jump down his throat.

I've changed the poll so people can vote for Northants & karting versus MK and something else.

Never join u lot for chrimbo dinner, Id likely be able to join u lot, do we have a date in mind or did I miss that? As I'm a southerner I vote for MK but a decent drive beforehand is surely a must :)

Hi Vix , Unfortunately the date of the changed poll above has an expired date of 15th of October , does this need to be amended as I am currently unable to vote? :'(

Latest posts

Back