Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, is it always rush hour on the M25? I'd have thought after 6 it should start calming down but I avoid M25 like the plague unless absolutely necessary. I'd guess M3 junction round to M40 is the worst so I'd probably cut off down A3 and then hogs back to pick up the M3 but it's still quite a trek.

What do you think would be a good arrangement?

Crackers said:
Well, is it always rush hour on the M25

You have a point. It's pretty bad on a Sunday too, probably worse.

Perhaps stick with your original idea! Saturday wouldn't be too bad do you think?

To answer your other question earlier, in my experience it'll be the people who've posted that will turn up and it's not 100% of that either.

I'll have to haggle with the girlfriend for a Saturday tho she may be alright if going out for lunch or dinner ;) We're a bit hampered by her having to do the horse at regular times each day so have to be able to fit around that. Would you be thinking daytime or early evening?

J

If you're potentially looking at a Saturday in May, that could essentially put me out of the picture.
I work 4 on/4 off night shifts and am working every Saturday (& Sunday) in May except Saturday 28th!

Well I do think we need to split it into 2 then and do one in Basingstoke and one in Dorking and on a midweek evening, probably Wednesday. It has to be convenient and fun for all ;) So I'm going to suggest how about Dorking 11th May & Basinstoke 25th May. Would each group be able to make the relevant one of those?

J

The 25th May is my first day of my 4 off so if a meet was arranged in the evening I'm good with that.

But.... I'm hoping to change my job ASAP and if that happens I could then do myself out of any meetings during the week!

May have to play this by ear and decide at the last minute...

Dorking is fine with me - but could just end up being me and you J? And maybe my brother if I can drag him out in his.

Yeah, drag yer Bruv out ;) Well, it's worth making a start even just for 2 cos if you do it a couple of times then others might start to join in. Otherwise you just accept that meets never happen and then people stop bothering altogether. I'd rather try doing something positive myself ;)

J

Fair play!

If it's Dorking, then for us it would be rude not to go!

And Dorking isn't too far for the peeps in Sussex either to be fair.

For my two pen'orth weekends are out (too busy) but Basingstoke is only 1h away from Didcot, which is only half an hour from Oxford.

Lets hope it's not raining then ;) Advantages of living in Spain - doesn't rain between May & October. Don't really understand why we don't all just move there :)

Crystal, does that mean you're on for the Basingstoke meet? :)

J

Back