Fiesta in the Park 2017 - Sunday 7th May

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherie

Fiesta in the Park 2017
Sunday 7th May
Wood Green Animal Shelter, Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire

This will be the third year at Wood Green for Fiesta in the Park, and it has proved to be a pretty good location. It has the added benefit of being able to go and visit the various animals that the shelter has if you get tired of looking at cars! (Just not the dogs, as they limit visitors to people actually interested in adopting as the dogs get too stressed if they get too many visitors and are not adopted.)

Your Puma doesn't have to be in concours condition to be on the stand, but clean and tidy and in a reasonably presentable condition is all we ask. We don't mind rust, it's a Ford after all!

As with previous years, we'll meet in our usual location nearby (in the Staples carpark or Tesco opposite - TBD - will post up mid April) around 7am, where I'll hand out the tickets and passes, and we'll convoy to the show site.

As it's such an early start, and a long day, I really would recommend stopping somewhere overnight if you've got a long drive to get down to Cambridgeshire.

Tickets are £8 per car and includes all passengers.

The optional commemorative plaques appear to be back onthe menu this year, at the standard £1 a go.

Payment Options:

• Paypal to "[email protected]"
    Please ensure that you either:
    • a) elect to pay as 'friends and family'

OR

b) pay £8.50 to cover the Paypal fees as I need to send the full ticket price to the organisers. Short payments will get rejected.
  • Direct bank transfer. Please PM me for the necessary details.

Please remember to include your forum username in the notes so I know who is coming!

The deadline is midnight 30th March.

If you have any questions, please just ask.

-----------------------------------------------------

Attending:

• Cherie & Dal
    Zinc2000
    Paulsmiffy
    Pumababe
    Steavie
    3Ddunk
    Zoe Tea
    Redexr
    Grayfox
    Fatford666
    Fordnut
    [email protected] Y436 KMO
    PumaNoob
    lightning51

As with previous years, we will meet locally to hand out tickets.

Meet Location:

Tesco Extra
Abbots Ripton Rd
Sapley
Huntingdon
PE28 2LA

Time: 06:30 promptly at the meet point, we'll leave as soon as everyone has arrived, but no later than 07:00.

Google Map: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Tesco+Extra/@52.3523145,-0.1847437,17z/data=!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x4877dd5053d11c3f:0x83496c460d92d8f2!2sHuntingdon+PE29+7DZ!3b1!8m2!3d52.3527789!4d-0.184373!3m4!1s0x0:0x95069d98c533088f!8m2!3d52.3526887!4d-0.1801278?hl=en

Tickets
Tickets and stands passes will be handed out at the meet point, so you must come there first, we will then convoy the couple of miles to the showground together.

If for some reason you're going to be late, or not going to be able to attend at all, please let me know as much in advance as you can, as we will not wait at the meet point for you if you just don't turn up. If you're going to be late, someone will have to come to the gate with your ticket and stand pass, or if you can't make it, someone else might be able to take your place to the stand.

Things you'll need!

Cash
There is a cash machine on site, but please remember to bring some with you, or a card. Food, souvenirs, parts and spares, there's stands with all of it. You don't want to find that particular thing you've been after for ages, then realise you've not got any way of buying it! Some of the larger stands do sometimes have credit card facilities, but don't rely on it.

Camera
If you want photos that is... just remember to make sure it's charged or you have spare batteries.

Suncream
Even in May, you run the risk of getting burned. We are outside all day and there is very little shade to be had.

Cleaning stuff!
I don't know if water is available on site, I'd hope so with all the animals, but don't count on it being nearby. So if you want to give your puma a quick refresh, remember to bring all your essentials!

Sorry Dal for hijacking your post for the meet point details :wub: - Cherie

Now I know I have said this before but.....accommodation already booked in Sandy so.........me me me :grin:

zinc2000 said:
Now I know I have said this before but.....accommodation already booked in Sandy so.........me me me :grin:

:pinkeye:

Puma Babe said:
I should be up for this :)

:eek:k:

I should be able to do this, not done FITP for a few years and never done this venue.

I'm currently a no as I'm picking my wife up from the airport.. but if she changes her flight (she may) then I'll come.

Family day out for us as just 20 minutes away from the pub, Zinc2000 maybe we can meet up and arrive with our millies, sandy is 20 minutes away from my pub:)

What do you mean "should get there this time"? I am hoping you are going to show me the way to the meet point :grin:

Don't forget the deadline is the end of this month if you want to join us this year.

I'm going to try and get there, however, once again I pushed my car too far and broke it, so I'm building a new engine. Hopefully I'll be there :grin:

Question from Facebook group: Is there any scope for getting ticket/stand pass posted or collecting at the gate and arriving later? If so, what's the latest you can arrive and still get on the stand?

Also, what's the earliest you can leave?

evilrob said:
Question from Facebook group: Is there any scope for getting ticket/stand pass posted or collecting at the gate and arriving later? If so, what's the latest you can arrive and still get on the stand?

Also, what's the earliest you can leave?

As always with Fiesta in the Park, members need to pick up the tickets from the meet point as there isn't any posting out as they're often only sent to Cherie from FCGB in the week before the show. Unlike Ford Fair there isn't scope for members to buy their own tickets so they're handed out at the meet point.

Yep, and so far 3 pumas and Dal's RS. I'm fed up of trying to drum up interest, so if this is all we get, so be it.

Back