UPDATE: Car-Lack 68 Nano Systematic Care / Long Life Sealant

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evilrob

Cleaned the car today, used some different products to usual:

Autoglym Shampoo
Bilt-Hamber Soft Clay
Car-Lack 68 Nano Systematic Care Cleanser/Polish using damp micofibre "brick" thing (i.e. not a cloth)
Car-Lack 68 Long Life Sealant using another damp microfibre "brick" straight on top of NSC then buffed off using microfibre cloth
Autoglym HD Wax applied using foam applicator pad, buffed off with clean microfibre cloth

All done by hand, but still managed to achieve some ridiculous shininess I reckon:

Cloud2go%2011%20Mar%202012%2018:52.jpg

Cloud2go%2011%20Mar%202012%2018:53.jpg

Cloud2go%2011%20Mar%202012%2018:52.jpg

IMG_0897x.jpg

This Car-Lack stuff gets the thumbs up from me! Make sure your microfibre brick is damp though - give it a soaking then squeeze it out, makes it much easier to apply the product.

Fantastic job mate. I've just got some AF tough coat to try from Polished Bliss as they are having a 3 for 2 on AF products this month.

Bentleya said:
Fantastic job mate. I've just got some AF tough coat to try from Polished Bliss as they are having a 3 for 2 on AF products this month.
Thanks mate!
Just as well they're having a 3 for 2 - I just looked at that tough coat stuff and went... HOW MUCH!? :shock:

Let us know how you get on - looks like interesting stuff.

I got the Car-Lack stuff from cleanyourcar.co.uk as a bundle (500ml of each product) for £26ish - and it came with a microfibre cloth.

I usually use Autoglym Super Resin Polish (the original stuff, not the new one they just brought out recently) and HD cleanser, but this Car-Lack stuff is noticeably glossier, just as easy to use though it does take a bit of buffing if you leave it too long - had to bust out the quick detailer spray to shift some of it.

Damn that paintwork shines. I could eat my dinner of that!! :grin:

Cheers Damo - can't really take too much credit for this, it's all about the product. All I did was wipe this nano care stuff on with a damp microfibre applicator, going all round the car, then put the sealant straight over the nano care using a second damp microfibre applicator (as recommended by the manufacturer - i.e. no need to buff off the first product before applying the second), then buffed it all off with a microfibre cloth or two.

It tells you in the instructions to only do a small area at a time - I didn't bother and just went round the whole car in one go, assuming that once I came back round it would be hazed/cured/ready to do the next layer. However, I'm guessing they tell to you to do each section as you go because when you leave it to dry on it's a bugger to get off again; I had to spray some parts with quick detailer spray (Autoglym Rapid Detailer in this instance) to moisten and loosen it up. Other than that it was a walk in the park. All kudos should be aimed at those crazy Germans for coming up with this stuff.

The Autoglym HD wax is also ridiculously easy to use - it was glossy enough with just the Carlack stuff, but the wax seemed to lift it a notch in my opinion; not sure how - just made it that little bit more pleasing to my eye.

Great job. I was heavily into detailing for 3 years and a regular on detailingworld (almost started my own mobile business) but been out of it for about a year now. Hoping on catching the bug this summer again. I've tried pretty much every chemical cleaner out here (not now of course) and Carlack nsc is truely the don and my go-to cleaner, before this klasse aio was my fav however nsc is a re-work on the same forumla with the addition of nano-tech. Prime is also worth shout out too. Good choice with the hd wax too, very little to crit and smashes many more expensive high-end waxes out the park!

Looks fab :eek:k:

I'm using your car as motivation to get my detailing mojo back...

Thanks, Neil! You're welcome to have a go with this carlack stuff if you like - I know you're more of a wax man, but I have to say this stuff was great (and you can still put wax on top). I can decant some of each into little bottles and whack it in the post - you only need the tiniest amount of each to do a panel so I don't need a full 500ml of each to myself (a 2p sized blob per panel, spread evenly onto a damp microfibre brick using a finger, is what I used).

The cleanyourcar.co.uk tutorial uses this pic as an example of quantity per panel:
PA212574.jpg

If you've got some Collinite 476, that sits quite nicely on just the nano-synthetic care cleanser/polish apparently, if you're not keen on sealant.

PS - have you voted for me yet? Did I ever tell you you're my favourite moderator... :wub:

2 week update:

Gave her a quick wash today. The Car-Lack NSC / LLS / Autoglym HD Wax combo is holding up well.

detailingupdate.jpg

Method:
Quick wash with Autoglym Shampoo (two buckets with grit guards) - dirt just slid off
Quick spritz with Autoglym Aqua Wax
Aqua Wax smeared around with a regular blue microfibre cloth
Residue buffed with a Crazy Pile microfibre
Aqua Wax was being a bitch and left little dots of dried on product everywhere, even doing half a panel at a time (probably cos it was quite warm today, even though I was in the shade) so went round with some Autoglym Rapid Detailer and a clean regular blue micro fibre cloth to remove any water marks / dried-on Aqua Wax
Buffed whole car again with a second, clean, Crazy Pile, including the windows inside and out - what a great cloth!

Recently did the wheels with 3 coats of Poorboys Wheel Sealant (two coats on the first day, half an hour apart, then a third coat the following day) so any dirt just rinsed off - simples! DO NOT get that stuff on your tyres though - total nightmare to get off.

If you're in the market for a new microfibre - those Crazy Piles are the tits. :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back