Puma sills

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuonokid

At last, the sills that Evil Rob gave to expressed panels are now in the process of being re-produced!
After a phone call from them last week I called in today to take some photos. Both the full RHS sill and the step repair panel have been made with the LHS panels to be ready by the end of March.
The full sill is as Ford would produce and extends from the rear wheel arch right through to the door pillar (front wings will have to be taken off to fit this).
The step repair is basically the sill section between the door closure so it doesn't include the rear wheel arch section.
Prices for the full sill are £125 + VAT and the repair section at £52.50 +VAT
If you want to place an order their telephone number is 01535 632721.
If you want to pick up panels they are based near Keigthley, West Yorkshire

They are also looking for clean unused panels for Pumas and other classic/possible vehicles and even full unused body shells (they already have an MGF and a Streetka shell) If you have any of these give them a ring.

Hi Rick
I just stopped to scoff my tea :grin:
I will post them soon.
Barry
100220162486_zpskac1ybo1.jpg

Worth the wait, by the look of it. Congrats to everyone involved in getting them made.

Well done Rob, Artful Hussy and tuonokid (and anyone else who's helped) for keeping the pressure on to get this far. They panels look superb and it'll go a long way to saving a lot more Puma's!

Are they going to do Rob a free set (I think he deserves it for the flak he's had over them and giving up the last genuine set)?

Cracking work all for getting this sorted! Barry, I've shared on FB so hopefully they'll get a rush of orders.

It may have taken an age, but what they've produced looks really good so I've bitten the bullet and agreed to sell my genuine full standard quarter and passenger FRP quarter to them so that these rare bits may get saved for the future too.

Rob - thanks again for having the faith / bravery to give up some very rare panels and Barry / Artful Hussy for keeping up with developments and working with Expressed

Thanks for the thanks guys and glad that Emma (Artful Hussy) got a mention as she started the ball rolling as regards express. Now with James coughing up the rear Puma and FRP wings (many thanks James) all that remains is for someone to have a Puma drivers side rear wing to be donated/sold/ swapped and that's a full set to be produced. Also Mike told me he had one FRP front wing which could be reproduced in aluminium so another one of those needed (don't know which side). Also needed, brand new standard Puma front wings.
Anyone out there have any?
Barry

Thanks guys :) Rob definitely requires a set of these for free to replace the ones he so boldly donated in the first instance. With all the good intent in the world from myself and others this wouldn't have happened without him. Bravo Rob!

Wowsers :grin:
I want some! Well done people.

And James
XAF said:
I've bitten the bullet and agreed to sell my genuine full standard quarter and passenger FRP quarter to them so that these rare bits may get saved for the future too.
/quote]
What can I say?
Paul

You could try it for nowt but do you really fancy organising all those people to put up money up front plus the price for the sills is ok anyway.
Barry

I agree I'm quite pleasantly surprised at the individual cost per sill. I had hoped for that kinda price WITH the group discount so I'm pleased it's rather reasonable.

Your probably right, I didn't think, so that's 125 + VAT per side ? Not bad I suppose, you would have thought club member would get 10% off .

Yeah so £150 per side basically. I think its a good bit less than they were from Ford originally.

Possibly but club members, at least initially, are likely to be the bulk of their orders so perhaps not viable option. I dunno how it all works cost wise but personally I'm comfortable with it.

Agreed - £150 is pretty keen pricing for a complete quality sill panel. Let's hope their delivery times are better than their development times!

Well Done all from Emma, Rob, Barry, All at Express Steel Panels and Any Others That Helped

Bravo James, going to a good cause mate

I have this bit off information from them barry and emma too
"For 10 sets of Outer Sills we would be able to offer a 10% discount for the club and we would be able to have these ready approximately 90 days from confirmation of order. "
That was off them today

Perhaps then we could renew the sills group buy sticky thread and get confirmation from those who were previously interested. IIRC at one point there were about two dozen sets worth of interest?

I'm not quite sure what to say, other than well done all involved, and thank god we still have some engineering companies, no strick that "true artisans" who are willing to produce panel parts to order. Fantastic. Engineering is still alive.

Latest posts

Back