Bit the bullet

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrodspike

Well, yesterday I went into my local body shop and booked the Puma in to have it's rear arch replaced with a Pug 206 wing arch, I'll post the pics (before and after) when it's been done. It's going in on 9th March and should be in for 2 or 3 days (guy works on his own) but it will be up and ready for the Leicester meet. Just got to nip to Brum in the week to get a cheap wing (£20).

I am following this with interest.

Though my Puma days are behind me I still love the car deeply and hope that I'll see them around for many years hence.

An economical fix for this one issue that seems to be the Kat's Achilles heel will be a great thing.

Do not fear my children, uncle Spike will keep you all informed. Had a quote off the guy (must find out his name) of £200-220, plus VAT of course, nudge nudge wink wink, and it'll take a couple of days.

Fetched the Pug wing today, brand new, £20. They also do slightly damaged (dented, scratched etc.) wings for a bit less, but they hadn't got any NSF ones in. Still, £20 is a cheap fix.

Fetched the car back and I've got a new rear arch, whooooopeeeee! I'll put pictures up after tea, (when I can work out how to do it).

Have a look here for some useful picture posting information. N.b. you can use the gallery on the site too.

Look forward to seeing the results!

I've placed the photos in the Servicing and Repair Gallery if anybody wants a butchers.

The paint colour's off a little because my paint's very worn and weathered, but the guy at the garage (Kevin) said he'll try to get a better match when he does my NS door frame corner.

Total cost: NSF Peugeot wing £20, Work £220.

I think he's done a pretty good job and the shape is a very good match. 9.5/10

Does look quite good.... I do love the car, the only downside being the fact that my rear arches are slowly beginning to resemble that 'before' picture. So good to know there is a relatively easy way of getting this sorted.

Thanks guys, you'll be able to see it in full glorious technicolor at Leicester or Bucks meets. Must admit I'm well chuffed with the result, although it only took him a couple of days I let him keep it for longer cos I don't use the car during the week.

Yes. The front wings from a Peugeot 206 have a comparable size and curve to the puma rear arch. There's another thread somewhere where it was discussed.

Any body shop will be able to order them in. They should have a mammoth book of all available panels to choose from. The same book that thinks the Puma never existed... :roll:

You can order them from Peugeot i'd have thought. Just go up to a spares desk and ask... or call them first,

Latest posts

Back