ST150 handbrake cable

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuonokid

Just rebuilding my Puma now and could do with some info. The car is running ST170 rear discs and an ST150 Fiesta handbrake cable. When I put this cable on I noticed that one of the lengths was about 2" shorter than the other so I put this at the drivers side as that looked a shorter run. This shorter cable has a green sleeve over it just as it turns towards the rear beam. The standard Puma handbrake cable also has a green sleeve in the same location on the shorter cable. I should be obliged if someone can have a look under their car just in front of the rear wheels to see which side of the car has the handbrake cable with the green sleeve.
Thanks in anticipation.
Barry

hi :) don't worry, the st150 cable is suposed to look like that, and it's not a perfect fitt, but it works grate :) I don't remember what lenght I put to what side, but I do recal it beeing opposit of what was there, ie if the green one was on the left, it went on the right, but it was so long ago. so long as it works, your ok :)

Hi Cartman
Thanks for your reply. The reason I posted was that the handbrake equaliser bracket (the one that pulls the two rear handbrake cables from the front one) wasn't at 90 deg to the cables and also the cable at the left was just a little too short to go in the last plastic clip off the chassis. I suppose I'm just wanting confirmation for what I've done rather than going to swap the cables over to see if that works better. Anyone else got any info?
Barry

yea, it does that, mine does to.... :) not quite 90 degres, but not 100% streight either...

swaping them side to side might help, if one is to short now :)

Hi Cartman
If you still have the car and it's not too much trouble I wonder if you could have a look for me then. There's no need to get under the car as it should be plainly visible using a mirror under the sill or even laying on the floor and looking under the sill. The green sleeve should be on the corner of the floorpans as it turns onto the rear chassis rails I just need to know if you've got yours on the left or right. (my equaliser bracket is at about 45 deg rather than 90 deg). Sorry to be a pain but a little look may save me a shed load of work.
Barry

Cheers Cartman I'd just about confirmed it but you've got rid of my doubts now so thanks a lot for that :grin:
Barry

Latest posts

Back