Broken down.Shuddered then stopped

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benny s

Hi guys,
This morning unfortunately the car failed to be as epic as normal.
After pulling away and driving for 2/3 minutes the car started to shudder at all rpm. It would not idle properly and started to make strange noises fitting in with the vibrations. It was down on power and the engine warning light was flashing like mad. I just managed to limp it back home at park up where it promptly died. Thera hasnt been time to lookunder the bonnet but i will later tonight.
I have no idea whats wrong with only basic mechanical knowledge. Any advice or ideas as to what has happened would be much appreciated

Cheers Ben

Cambelt was replaced 5/6 thousand miles ago. So shouldnt be that. Ill have to do a full check up this evening

Sounds like coil pack/leads/plugs to me... check your fluid levels as well.

Benny s said:
Cambelt was replaced 5/6 thousand miles ago. So shouldnt be that. Ill have to do a full check up this evening
Do you know if they replaced the tensioner as well? Was just wondering if it'd been timed badly and jumped a few teeth.

Not sure if the tensioner has been replaced ill have to dig through the paper work. Ill work my way through coil packs a lead tonight and see if theres anything obvious.thanks for the help :)

Turns out it was the coil pack. New part is on the way and the car should be running again soon. Thanks guys :grin:

Latest posts

Back