Changed HCV and it still blows warm

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eazy

Basically as the title says, I received HCV through the post went out fitted it, would have took 10 mins if I didn't lose a damn jubilee clip never to be found again. Got another on it anyway. Thing still blows warm. I've tried squeezing all the pipes I can reach even with the expansion tank open. I'm sure the bit works as I could hear it moving for a couple of mins. I've been driving it about for 2 days, so I would think any air locks must be out by now?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe.

Heater panel on mine too - replaced with a later model so I now have 2 lighter sockets

The HCV going sometimes blows the circuit behind the panel in the car too.

Also check that the electrical connector to the HCV does actually connect to the valve. Have a look in the plug and make sure the 2 brass pins are virtually touching to definitely make contact when plugged in.

Ford one I got from quest63 from this board. So should be ok. I cant get out to look at it tonight but tomorrow should be ok. Can I test the voltage at the HCV plug to see if the switch works? To get the control panel out do I just take radio out 1st and it should be apparently easy or is there hidden screws under the knobs or what? I also noticed I'm not the 1st person to have done work on or within that area where the HCV is of the car. If I can get daylight and weather on my side i'm sure I can workout whats wrong. I just think it be better to ask before hand.

Thanks,

Joe

I would say just about every Puma still on the road has had at least one HCV replacement.
If it hasn't then it will need replacing. The plastic becomes brittle over time and the inlet pipes just snap off!
Getting the panel out is easy...remove radio and there are 2 black screws holding it in place. Remove connections and it just pulls out.
Paul

Latest posts

Back