Fuel Pump Fuse keeps blowing

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voa

Puma has been left for a while in my garage over the winter, but recently I have had time to work on my project car again.

Problem I have been having has been that the car wouldn't start car turns over but doesn't start.Went thru all the ignition related diagnostics and even a new battery.

Discovered after getting sick of trying everything that the Fuel pump fuse keeps blowing fuse 31 10 amp ( car is a 2001 1.7 ) .I have checked the wiring as this is another common issue for fuses blowing but can't find any shorts.

Does this look like my fuel pump has gone? Hoping it isn't but I guess I need to drop my petrol tank anyway to see the condition of the tank .

Is there anything else I should be testing before I drop the fuel tank to get to the fuel pump?

Thanks in advance.....

check the fuel pump relay connections haven't corroded and also the wires going to the sender/ fuel pump aren't shorting out on the body work. they are situated under the back seat squab. Failing that the connection going onto the sender/ pump ontop of the fuel tank

Latest posts

Back