wouldn't start / fuel block?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wadders

My Puma (1.7) wouldn't start this morning, just kept turning over. Checked the fuel pump fuse (was ok) and in the end pulled the fuel pipe (white connector) off to check fuel was coming out ok. A drop shot out, so reconnected and then it fired up ok.

Put some STP injector cleaner in the tank and brimmed it full, then a 25mile blast. Runs like a dream and started again ok..

Any ideas? Air lock in fuel inj rail?

It could be many things but it wouldn't hurt to change the fuel filter if you haven't already changed it.

Fuel filter as suggested.

Air lock is less common as its a redundant supply.

The fuel pumps don't last forever and it seems to affect low mileage cars more often. If you need to diagnose that have a search for my instructions about putting power to the cut off switch.

Having added the injector cleaner to a full tank yesterday, I took the car on a 130 mile round trip today. It spluttered a bit when I initially started from cold, but then run really well all day. Mixture of driving, another cold start and a few once warmed up.

Guessing a new fuel filter is needed, if it was the pump it would either work or not work surely??

Latest posts

Back