My second puma in 10 yers need advice

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumagirl2015

Hi I just invested in a in an S reg 1.7 puma which just flew through her MOT however im thinking about tackiling her wheel arches in the summer - as she has bubbling rust around there !
is this something i can do easily ,or would you suggest taking it to a body repair place?- please bare in mind in a girl lol and i have never worked on a car before!!

Hi
To do it properly you need to cut out any rotten metal and replace with new so if you can't weld see if you can find a local garage to do the repair. I may get some flak for this but to grind out and filler is a complete waste of time as it will start bubbling again very shortly afterwards.
Barry

Thanks Barry
You'll get no flack from me lol I didn't know if it's something I could do - I didn't want to start it and find out I shouldn't have- I see a lot of people useing filler on sites but wasn't sure if it was just a quick fix !

Our old puma was bodged by a recommended "professional".
Looked great for about 9 months.

When we eventually took it to bits the arches were full of the yellow expandy foam,,, very professional.

Grinding it out and using filler is much more temporary than cutting it out and replacing the metal properly. Also more expensive so it depends on how long you plan to keep the car for in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back