New owner, just one question.....

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toadusmodus

Hi all,

Myself and a friend have recently bought a Millenium Puma, which we are taking to the Nurburgring in a few weeks, along with 3 other Pumas. Great little cars, amazing fun/£ ratio!

My question, however, is about a Racing Puma I have seen for sale. I am lead to believe that all FRP's had their unique number shown on the engine intake. This one doesn't. Does this make it dodgy and don't touch??

media_zps4mmqkbz4.jpg
[/URL]

Hello and welcome.
The Puma is indeed lots of grins for the money.
enjoy the ring..

as for the FRP, there are more knowledgable people than I on here I`m sure someone will know.
There may be an innocent explanation. though it would have to be a good un..
Where is it advertised (or is that a need to know thing) so we can have a proper scout.
There are replicas out there so you are right to question the non standard inlet plenum.

Stu..

Hmm...
The "rebuilt in 2002" is a worry. why would you rebuild a 3 year old car..
It`s had a smash in my opinion, if it was that long ago it`s probably had a decent repair job.
Cat D is a clue too..

It`s a good price for a low mileage FRP but not good enough with the stains on its history...

It would seem to me that for that price or a little more you could get an FRP without the history and with its proper inlet.

It may well have higher mileage but still that's what I would go for not this.

Well the first thing to say is that I dont think that's an FRP manifold. All the FRPs had numbers originally and there are only a few known exceptions and these had words in place of the numbers.

It looks like a nice enough car from the advert though.

If you are interested in it you could ask for the Registration/VIN number and check ETIS to see if it matches FRP specification.

Also, there were FRPs getting written off and rebuilt under insurance, there were also standard Pumas rebuilt with FRP parts.

I've just checked and if I have the registration number right the shell was originally pacific green :)

All speculation, best ask the seller, he might not even know though to be fair, it looks like an FRP and is registered as blue.

red said:
All speculation, best ask the seller, he might not even know though to be fair, it looks like an FRP and is registered as blue.
I agree with this, even if it is a fake, the price is not extortionate. Could you build a replica for that money using all FRP parts?
It looks in decent nick from the pictures.
If someone is not too bothered about concours or provenance then it just might be a decent purchase.
Paul

Back