sportex race tube and back box and Ramair induction kit

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geordiebravestarr

Morning all,
I've just recently bought a sportex race tube centre pipe, sportex back box and Ramair cone filter induction kit for my beloved puma millennium...would appreciate any feedback on whether any other puma owners have experience of this combination? Oh and as my millennium alloys are peeling whether you'd advise standard alloy refurbished or powdercoated either graphite or black.

kind regards kev

All of this is just my own opinion based on what I've used and experienced....

Sportex race tube: never had one
Sportex back box: drones loudly at motorway speed and rusted like hell
Ram air induction: waste of money, don't do anything and only adds a bit of noise

Now, I've got a Sportex rear box (and standard centre section) on my Puma'd Fiesta but only because it was on there when I bought the car. It drones like hell and is very noisy at high speed. My friend who I bought the car off cleaned & painted the box so hopefully that will prolong its life.
On the flip side, the Sportex box does sound nice at low speed/revs.

When it rained,the ram air induction kit I had on my old Puma ended up forcing damp air up to the filter which resulted in the filter rusting. I removed it all and went back to standard setup.

If you are going to use Sportex back box and centre race tube, I would suspect it would be quite loud.

Like I said, this is just my personal opinion and will certainly differ from what others think. :eek:k:

Latest posts

Back