Newbie from Norwich

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skip

Hi all,

Been out of fun cars for a few years while I have been scratching my motorcycle itch, having kids and all that but I have finally managed to convince the wife that we don't need 2 "proper" family cars and I can sell our beloved Astra workhorse and get something cheap (<£1k) and fun. Spent ages thinking about what to get - thought about cheap RWD fun like a 3 series or a high mile IS200 but then the Mrs wont drive RWD (issues in the past!) so as she will probably occasionally have to borrow "my car" it needs to be something FWD and easy to park. Thought about a 106 GTi or similar but I hate French cars and really hate the off-set pedals of the Saxo/106 range. I cant even remember what made me think of a Puma - possibly a Pistonheads thread I think about "cheap fun". This led me to find one local and have a good poke around it - and a Puma ticked all the boxes I had decided whatever I buy must fit:

• Had to be petrol (not diesel)
    Enough room for the 4 of us (even if only just)
    Fun to drive with good handling credentials
    Enough poke to be enjoyable with still reasonable MPG (my current Astra is a diesel ECO model and does 60+mpg so any change is going to hurt)
    A/C if possible
    Something a bit "different"

I haven't found anything else that ticks those boxes really so just waiting for some money that's owed to me and I can properly start my hunt for a Puma. Test drove one (an 80k mile Thunder) back in November and loved it, nice amount of poke from a willing engine, fun to chuck about and even working A/C too! There are a couple local to me that are worth a look (at a stealers unfortunately) but I am not going to look at any at the moment until I have the funds available.

Cant wait for the journey to begin :D

Welcome along :eek:k:

Did you text me about the Thunder I had for sale last week back?

Hello :) No I haven't hassled any private sellers as I am not in the position to buy just yet.

Its taken me ages to wear the Mrs down too as she hates Pumas! 2 months of me non-stop going on about them, looking at them and pointing them out when we see them has done the trick though :D

Ah, fair enough - I had a caller from Norwich so wondered if it was you that's all.

Good luck with your hunt :)

Reading your ad I would have definitely given you a call if the timing was right! Oh well, there are plenty about - I just need to find that "always garaged, FFSH, one lady owner" car that sometimes pops up with cars like the Puma :lol:

To be fair its an association with them and not the actual cars she hates. She had some bad times in her youth with someone who had one and doesn't want to be reminded - but we are talking well over 15 years ago now...

Latest posts

Back