Guide: How to remove rear bumper

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScubaSteve

Following on from how to remove front bumper, and as I was doing this anyway this evening I thought only logical to do one for this too.

What you will need:

Torx Bits
Deep 13mm Socket (again important its a deep one)
7mm Socket

Optional:
As I was doing rust protection at same time I had some Anti corrosion/Rust Killer paint.

Start off by removing the torx screw down the edges of the rear bumper, there are 3 per side, and an extra two if you have the moulded flaps

1.jpg

Peel back the arch liner, the further you can peel it the better.

Up inside the arch you will see a 7mm nut screw, it may be covered in crap so scrape anything away

2.jpg

Undo this on both sides.

Now working inside the boot space remove the plastic cowl underneath the boot latch, its held on plug plastic plugs, if you pull out the centers the plug itself will follow.

3.jpg

Once removed peel back the carpets either side of the shroud, there are four 13mm nuts you need to remove.

Two are here, one each side

4.jpg

Two are here, one each side

5.jpg

When you have removed those the bumper will be loose, grip the corner edges of the bumper and pull them outwards to release them from the clips.

The bumper will come away, but dont yank it too hard as you will need to disconnect the wiring plug for the numberplate light and the fogs.

Bumper removed

6.jpg

I then used rust killer paint on all the leading and suspect edges

7.jpg

8.jpg

And also inside the archs, this is a dirt and rust trap also

9.jpg

Installation is reverse of removal!

Top guide again :D

Moved to the "How To" section and sticked.

:eek:k:

Hello mate,

Looks nice behind the bumper :)

What rust killer paint did you use please?

Cheers,

Steve.

Looks like Hammerite No. 1 Rust Beater (in Beige):
http://www.hammerite.co.uk/products/no_1_rust_beater.jsp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts

Back