Thunder - Crash Damaged Project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, buddy.

It isn't insured yet. But it does sound much better... sounds like it should have done when it left the factory :thumbs:

Right then.. After 7 months I think it's about time I updated this :lol:

Just a little update..

She is all insured and back on the road after 2 years of being sat unused :thumbs:
Fresh MOT last week and she is booked in at the painters at the end of the month to get the arches, sills and front wings painted.. she'll then be getting machine polished to within an inch of her life and will be all ready for many more miles of motoring :eek:k:

Just of curiosity; what EXACTLY FRP backbox mod consists of? I have never seen a FRP bacbox opened (nor the regular, for that matter) so can't compare them…?

Cheers,

I'm not familiar with the FRP exhaust.
Here I simply removed my existing back box, cut out a section of the skin, removed the material and welded it back up.
I then removed my existing tailpipe, tapped the FRP tailpipe into place and welded it to the back box :thumbs:

Ok peeps... Almost there with this one :lol:

She's currently in the paint shop having both sides painted :thumbs:

Hopefully should have her back tomorrow... Pictures will follow :eek:k:

Right then peeps..

She's finally all painted up. I must say 'm very impressed with the finish.
Top marks to the paint man :eek:k:

Decent looking paint job isn't it.. :thumbs:

Hell of a transformation I think :lol:

great work car looks mint now i had a front end smash in my first puma on the motorway and my insurance scrapped the car wouldnt let me have it back because they said the repair would cost more than the car was worth. i have just got my second puma and one of the things i have got to have done on it is those pesky wheel arches hope it comes out as good as yours
:p :thumbs:

It does look like a gruesome job.. and it be honest it was a real patience tester, but the end result is worth it :eek:k:

And I haven't forgot this thread...

There will be more updates in a few weeks... Once I've been paid :lol:

Back