Ford puma cup car.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone,

I have spoken to EMC Motorsport today and will be going to see them one day soon.

well bit of an update today I came across a lad stripping a puma yesterday so I had some parts off of it got two wings bonnet front and rear bumpers rear hatch headlights and a full set of alloys with tires all in decent nick they will be good to have as spares incase of any mishaps although I may sell the hatch as I dont think ill need that.I tried to save the rest of the shell as well as I thought I may be able to rebuild it into a daily driver but it was just too far gone with the dreaded rot. If anyones after an engine and gearbox though with 90k on it and running really well send me a pm and ill pass on his details.

another small update the cars stripped inside now just got radio to remove then shes ready for EMC in Jan.

well Ive been rubbish at updating this thread but things have progressed a fair amount since my last post with a few hiccups along the way Ill post up a few pics and try and explain whats been happening with the build.

after stripping the green car out I was offered a silver puma thunder for a bargain price so as I had just sold my mondeo st220 I decided I may as well have a puma as a road car and with the green one still having mot I thought the best option would be to use the silver one as my race car build so I bought this...

the body looked great apart from some accident damage to the drivers side rear wheel arch which was rusty anyway. I took the leather interior out of the thunder and put it into my green one which I am now using as my daily. I stripped the thunder completely ready for its trip to EMC Motorsport in birmingham for the roll cage fitting.

I then rented a transporter for the day and delivered the car to EMC.

While the car was away I ordered a few parts for when I got it back.

Got myself a motamec steering wheel plus OMP boss
GP Race Pro Light bucket seat
TRS 6 point Harnesses in orange.
Aero Catch Bonnet pins
Boot retaining pins.
Electrical Cut off switches
Sticker kit for the cut off tow etc.
Tow Straps.
and I also picked up a rear beam which I will be stripping down and rebuilding with new parts.

Pic of my seat and belts

Steering wheel

well about a week into EMC having the car I got a nightmare call that when they were stripping the sound deadening off of the floor the floor was rotten underneath now I checked what I could of the floor before I took the car and knew it needed some patching but unfortunately the shell was just too far gone to be worth repairing. Now the original plan was for me to buy a 1.6 puma off of EMC and transplant all of the 1.7 running gear from the rotten thunder into the 1.6 but while my car was being built another car which was a bit further along was also at EMC unfortunately for the owner he no longer had the budget to complete the car so I got a call asking if I wanted to buy it.

Heres a few pics its a medium steel blue car very little rust at all.

so Im now onto my third puma and the car has just gone into paint I picked RAL 5015 Sky blue to have the car painted in.

Heres a few pics mid paint....

I am now waiting for the paint to be done so I can collect the car and fit the pile of parts I have for it in the garage. I should be able to get somewhere near pretty quickly with the only major expense now being the the GAZ suspension kit that Ill need to save up a bit of money for. The car is going to be blue and orange I will be using the thunder alloys and respraying them bright orange.

well saturday I got the car back from emc heres a few pics.

The car now has a full multipoint custom cages roll cage welded in has had all the rust repaired and a full respray inside and out. I also kept the wheels off of the scrapped thunder as well.

sunday I started doing a bit on the car unfortunately the weather was awful though and I only ended up getting the steering wheel fit before It chucked it down. So I put the car away and ordered the materials to make my door cards instead.

I am loving that colour!

Love a full in/out respray, get rids of all that nasty rusts! Bad rusts.

Back