'Sally' - FireFly's Project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireFly90

So, as advised I'm going to start a project thread. My X-reg Puma 1.7 Black ed. Paid £950 for her and thoroughly pleased with her :wink:

Current Mileage:
89500 (Feb 2015)

DSC_1575.jpg

DSC_1574.jpg

DSC_1540.jpg

Things that need to be looked at:
Rusty arches and door sills
Other rusty parts
Drivers side headlight unit has broken clip and black tape on it
Near side headlight scratch (my fault :-()
Slightly leaky coolant pipe(fixed at service)
A Good clean all over needed (again)
Rear fogs and Exhaust tail pipe need thorough clean
Cracked aerial (still works but could do with replacing)New aerial fitted
Poorly Horn(replaced and fixed)
Replace Clutch Fixed thanks to GingerTom
Replace Down pipe catalyst due to sheered stuck fast bolts

Current Accessories:
Roof-bars and Roof-Box

Planned Accessories:
Cycle Rack (if it stretches far enough :p)

Painted stuff
Brake callipers and drums
Spare wheel cradle

Planned painting
Engine bay caps (red)
Rocker cover (black w/ red highlights)
Inlet Manifold (red)

Current/Completed Mods:
Aero wiper-blades
HB3 Ultra Brilliance dipped bulbs
Pioneer DEH-X8500DAB
Wind deflectors
ProjectPuma stickers
Smoked side repeaters (may need shortening due to dimness)
Brembo brake disks & EBC pads
Braided brake pipes
Iridium Spark plugs
FRP Airbox mod
Front fogs (with fiesta switch)(not fitted but have bits)
Heated Washer Jets (not fitted but have bits)
OBD2 Bluetooth scanner (Plugged in but can't read ECU)

Planned Mods:
maybe some nice speakers
Boot spoiler (small and decorative)
Fiesta Ghia X temp clock and temp sensor
Audio controls?
Red LED interior lights
Red plasma glow dials (if they exist)
New Alloys (Silver 15" or 16")(similar to FRP alloys)
HT leads and coilpack
Some nice pedals (if they're easy to fit :|)
Gear Knob (Richbrook ford leather one looks nice)
Maybe some small bonnet vents?
Silicone hoses? (red?)
Top Strut Brace
Lower strut Brace
Front Splitter
Dual Exhaust pipes
Suspension kit (lowered a bit, but not to alter ride quality)
ECU Remap
4-2-1 Exhaust & sport cat
LMS Inlet manifold with plenum

Possible/Wishful Mods:
Front Brake upgrade
Rear brake disk conversion
Quaife LSD
Performance clutch?
IBT kit or Turbo?

I have other ideas but for this car i want it to remain subtle (at least on the outside)

Non-subtle Mods: (maybe for next black puma)
White Rally-style Alloy wheels
Red rally mudflaps
Matt Black paint job
Red sunstrip
Other red trim (i.e. mesh grill, stripes etc)
Black recaro seats (red trim)
Black felt dash cover
Slightly bigger spoiler :wink:
RS200 style Bonnet vent (like warrenpenalver's puma cossie)

Aeroblades fitted on front and rear, got them off eBay Here.

They work pretty well to be fair, they are more noticable while driving due to their thickness but not so much that its distracting. Definitely would recommend these :thumbs:
DSC_1546.jpg

Below is comparison between Aeroblade (right) and standard blade (left)

DSC_1547.jpg

And here is one fitted to rear window

DSC_1548.jpg

Blimey - your list has come on a bit since I last looked! Looking forward to seeing how this project progresses! :eek:k:

Little update today

Change the dipped bulbs to HB3 Ultra Brilliance and i can report a big improvement over the Philips bulbs so i'm happy with that. Although in the process of swapping the bulbs over i managed to scratch the outer plastic of the nearside headlight on some sharp stones (that'll teach me to not put cloth down :oops:). Also when i was changing the bulbs i noticed the drivers side bulb had black tape on it and clip was broken.
DSC_1558.jpg

Also something my brother spotted, there appears to be a bit of coolant leaking where it goes into the engine block. The coolant level on the tank is still at max though so it may be just an occasional splash.
DSC_1552.jpg

Also hoping to give the car a spray down with the jet wash tomorrow, particularly under the arches which look they haven't been cleaned... ever :|. Also hoping to give her a proper good clean all round at some point but i'll probably end up waiting until it warms up a bit more, outlook for this week seems to be cold :-(.

Edit: also need to find a new supplier for the smoked side repeaters, turns out the firm i originally bought them off only had them as clearance and they ran out, they said they refunded the card i used but i can't check this atm as i'm still waiting for new login details to come through ¬_¬

So on Saturday my new radio was fitted courtesy of Sexton's Gloucester, works a treat and looks awesome, although the bright lights make the other interior lights look an bit dim compared
DSC_1564.jpg

The replacement aerial came through today which fits and works, although the base of the aerial is slightly wider than the mounting base
DSC_1561.jpg

Also the Wind deflectors came through today aswell which have been fitted and look quite smart i reckon :)
DSC_1560.jpg

The drivers side one fitted okay although despite loosing one of the clips in-between the door and the lining (DOH! >.<). The passenger side was a bit trickier and need at bit more force and swearing to fit with the window to go all the way up.

:eek:k: Looking good!

I do like those wind deflectors, I always intended to fit them to my standard Puma.

They work pretty well too, was going down A40 between chelt and glos with the window partly down and it does make a good deal of difference, definitely would recommend them :eek:k:

Not normally a fan, but I have to say they do look badass on a Black. Good work! :thumbs:

Those deflectors fit lovely. What make are they?
I have Heko? ones which fit well at each end but won't stay up against the rubber at the top.

I always wanted to get the wind defelctors but if i got them now Mac would only accuse me of copying him :? lol

I really like them though

Club stickers are on, along with some flyers in the door sill might be able to recruit some more Gloucester people.

DSC_1565.jpg

FireFly90 said:
Club stickers are on, along with some flyers in the door sill might be able to recruit some more Gloucester people.

DSC_1565.jpg

Reminds me of my old 1.7, back in the day (2008 I think)

DSCF0459.jpg

Quick update:

Smoked side repeaters were fitted on sunday but need to be shortened as they a bit dim.

Also been washed and polished today but will need to be done again tomorrow as it was getting dark as i was finishing off the polish bit so no wax atm, and no pics also due to the time constraints and light levels. Hopefully some will be on the way tomorrow :wink:.

Latest posts

Back