Oil Breather

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new_puma

This is probably the wrong section to post this in, but I think it comes under servicing :grin:

Basically I need to know the size/thickness of the oil breather hose, the one that comes from...well you know :)

Is it a standard size for all puma's? if you know please let me know the thickness size of it pleaseee.

I have a 1.7 zetec s (2001) If that helps.

Thanks guys

(I'd check it myself, but my cars in the shop for arches :x )

ScubaSteve said:
all the same, ib5 boxes on them all

:? Uhm, I have no idea what that is, but I know we're not on the same wavelength.

I mean the 'Hose' that comes from the rocker, that lets out the compressed (oil) air from the engine...

>>>Oil Breather Pipe<<<

I just need to know the thickness of that hose.

I guess the I/D is more important than the O/D, can you not get a standard replacement from ford?

who knows if he wants to buy a hose clamp for a uprated oil breather filter he will want the od,if he is connecting it to something he would want the id

madhillbilly17 said:
hi,do you want inside or outside measurements? why do you need the measurements if you dont mind me asking :grin:

Outside measurements mate, and basically I have a pipercross induction kit fitted, but the connection on the neck of the cone for the breather gets blocked when fitted to the uhm...metal sensor thingy majig, so if I leave it like that...the breather pipe isn't breathing (If that makes sense).

So i wanted to get an oil breather filter, then blank off the inlet on the cone

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Air-Oil-Crankcase-Vent-Breather-Filter-15mm-BLUE-/180675218937?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a11150df9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The link shows you what I need the measurment for...

EDIT: I just scrolled down further and seen you already gave me the measurement lol, Thanks for that, really appreciate it

Resurrecting an old thread, I checked the I/D of mine last night from the rocker cover and I got 15mm, then it tapers down.

Looking at fitting a breather filter for the engine oil. Would 15mm hose be fine into 15mm breather? or does the standard hose taper for any particular reason?

Back