Custom Body Repair FRP's

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Williamsclio1

JUST THOUGH I WOULD SHARE THIS WITH YOU ALL AS ITS TWO CARS THAT I DETAILED (WELL CLEANED) TODAY.

PLEASE SEE LINK FOR MORE INFO FOR SPRAYING WORK ETC RUSS GIVES 10% DISCOUNT FOR RACING PUMA'S, THAT MAY INCLUDE STANDARD PUMA'S SO IF YOU INTERESTED JUST GIVE HIM A CALL
http://www.custombodyrepair.co.uk/

Got up bright and early this morning 8:15am (not as early as Jim 4am) to get to Russ's to give Jim's car a wax and tidy up as he was arriving at 10 to collect the car.

So jealous when i saw the finished car looked amazing hope you dont mind Jim but here are some of the photos i took today from when you arrived.

S73F1546.jpg

S73F1547.jpg

S73F1548.jpg

S73F1549.jpg

S73F1550.jpg

You can see the look on my face of sheer jealousy :lol:
S73F1551.jpg

S73F1552.jpg

S73F1553.jpg

S73F1554.jpg

Reflection shot
S73F1555.jpg

S73F1556.jpg

S73F1557.jpg

S73F1558.jpg

S73F1559.jpg

A future must for mine, Russ did a great job of blending in
S73F1560.jpg

S73F1561.jpg

S73F1562.jpg

S73F1563.jpg

S73F1564.jpg

S73F1565.jpg

S73F1566.jpg

S73F1567.jpg

Jim leaving for his long trek back home
S73F1568.jpg

Once jim had left i decided to help Russ tied up the work shop and get my car in the garage for a good fettle, Russ noticed that the paint on the bonnet was flat and had blurry reflections so he said get the panels covered up and i'll give it a quick mop, so without delay I set to it.

Photos before mopping
S73F1570.jpg

S73F1571.jpg

During
S73F1572.jpg

Trusty blech :lol:
S73F1573.jpg

Finished results after a quick wax, well three coats :D
S73F1574.jpg

S73F1575.jpg

S73F1576.jpg

S73F1577.jpg

S73F1578.jpg

Overall shots of the car, Russ had a small amount of paint left over from paiting Jim's car so we took care of a few of the chips.
S73F1579.jpg

S73F1581.jpg

S73F1582.jpg

S73F1583.jpg

S73F1587.jpg

Jim hope you got back ok and didnt get any stone chips :D

Also hope it stayed dry for you.

David

Sorry just to clear it up, I'm David (FRP owner) and Russ is a friend of mine and he owns and runs custom body repairs, see his website for more info.

http://www.custombodyrepair.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Im in the process of setting up a weekend buisness detailing cars as i have such a passion for it, most weekend I detail peoples cars often friends and family however looking to offer my services to all. For very resonable prices as its something i really enjoying doing so not looking to make a full career out of it so dont have to charge expensive prices but getting / giving excellent results.

So if your after body work / spraying / touch up etc then Russ is your man but if its car detailing / valeting etc then i'm you man ;)

David

yep, I got the first bit, i know russ has the spray shop, as buisness, and you;re very good at detailing!

I'd certainly fancy a trip to see you, to get some layers on my car!

spike. said:
yep, I got the first bit, i know russ has the spray shop, as buisness, and you;re very good at detailing!

Yeh i'm sure we could arrange something, will be getting a Meguires G220 around the xmas period so will save my arms having to do all the work and get better finishes, i can usually get up to about 80-90% correction without using a machine (depending on paint condition before starting) so would be nice to get pretty much 100% .

What Puma do you own? Got any pics?

David

Williamsclio1 said:
spike. said:

Yeh i'm sure we could arrange something, will be getting a Meguires G220 around the xmas period so will save my arms having to do all the work and get better finishes, i can usually get up to about 80-90% correction without using a machine (depending on paint condition before starting) so would be nice to get pretty much 100% .

What Puma do you own? Got any pics?

David
I think the clue is in Spike's sig strip. ;)

Yeh good point thought that might be the case, however on different forums my advatar is Lamboghini Reventon but i certainly dont own one lol

just noticed the obvious tho lol not including the pic

FRP #014

and the reg plate

I'll get my coat

David

The paint isnt bad, had a spray over last year, and since then the front 1/3 has been covered in paintsheild :)

Paint shield is something i'll definatley be investing in at some point,

Ok well let me know if and when you'd like me to detail your car and we'll sort something out.

Depending on time availble i can can do full extrerior as well as engine bay and interior however 2 days would be required for it all.

David

REST OF MY WEEKEND ACTIVITIES

Yesterday evening and today i worked on a friends BMW as he's selling it.

Some before and afters, sorry about quality of photos, time for a new camera, photos make it look crap :(

Car1-Before.jpg

Car2-Before.jpg

Afters2.jpg

Afters3.jpg

Afters4.jpg

Afters5.jpg

Afters6.jpg

Afters7.jpg

Afters8.jpg

Boot1-Before.jpg

Boot1-After.jpg

Boot2-Before.jpg

Boot2-After.jpg

Exchaust1-Before.jpg

Exchause1-After.jpg

Front1-Befoe.jpg

Front1-After.jpg

Front1-After-1.jpg

Front2-After.jpg

Interior1-Before.jpg

Interior1-After.jpg

Wheel1-Before.jpg

Wheel1-After.jpg

Rear1-Before.jpg

Rear1-After.jpg

Rear2-After.jpg

Total time: 8 hours

Not the best write up but thought i would share my weekends work.

David

What do you use on the wheels, I get really bad staining from brake dust and I can't seem to shift it. Also I have a silver puma so it shows up tar spots, what is the best method for removing them?

jimmer69 said:
What do you use on the wheels, I get really bad staining from brake dust and I can't seem to shift it. Also I have a silver puma so it shows up tar spots, what is the best method for removing them?

Usually i start with the same wash solution that i use on the car to lift the majority of the surface dust etc, then i apply some alloy wheel cleaner and leave to dwell for a few mins then i work the cleaner in with my finger and a selection of brushes i have and wipe over with a microfiber towel, however in the case of the BMW the stains were not lifting so i used some AutoGlym engine bay cleaner :shock: pretty agressive stuff so after working it in to the wheel again i left for a few mins I spent around 45 mins per wheel scrubbing with a microfiber cloth.

Tbh the photos make them look perfecet however there is still some staining that i just couldnt shift, the only way to get them off would be to wet sand or to have the wheels refurbed, however you can only see the marks close up. With alloys its usually spending the time thats sorts them, but once there back looking like new and you use some decent wheel sealant (wax if you havent any sealant) and wipe / clean them every couple of weeks they'll stay like new.

For your tar spots i would suggest you look to get a product specific to the job something along the lines of
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoglym-Intensive-Tar-Remover/dp/B0011539II/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1257724818&sr=1-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For really tough stains a good strong thumb nail helps :lol:

David

Back