Mazda MX-5 Mk1 1.8

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil

Regretfully, I am having to sell my MX-5 Mk1. I've enjoyed running the car as my daily driver for the last year, however I now have a new car, and unfortunately it is not financially viable to keep both.

The car is a UK model, and is in nice original condition. The only modifications are a Nardi steering wheel, and the addition of a 'lazy eye' kit for the headlights (fitted by a previous owner - really not my thing, but hasn't interfered with anything, so I left it put).

Some details:

- 1997 'R' Reg.
- 97K miles.
- MOT Expiry 16/4/16
- Comprehensive service history
- Last service at 95K.
- Four new tyres (Toyo Proxes CF1's) fitted approximately eight months ago - all in great condition.
- New hood fitted October 13.
- New rear exhaust section fitted October 13.
- Full alignment carried out at Wheels in Motion September 13.

Some bad points:

Unfortunately the car is starting to show signs of rust on the arches and sills. This isn't especially noticable, however it could do with addressing. I can send pictures of the affected areas if you require. Bodywork is in otherwise good condition.

The drivers seat bolster is also suffering from some wear and tear.

£1400, or near offer

Car is located near Carterton (OX183LX). You can contact me via PM on here, email ([email protected]), or phone (07855796321).

Pistonheads advert now live

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/mazda/mx-5-mk1/mazda-mx-5-i--------------------1998/2890422" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I suspect this might not be the best time to sell a convertible - not had a whole lot of interest yet.

Sorry Neil, you know that if I had the money, I'd have been all over it. Sadly, the Puma and the Forester are sopping up any funds I did have. Also, may be a touch pricey, but then I haven't seen the car and for an honest, not rotten mk1, it could well be worth it.

So wish I could buy this... :-(

To be honest, I'm not overly fussed if it doesn't sell in the next few weeks - I'll probably cover the car up for winter and re advertise in the spring.

Price drop to £1200. Reasonable offers entertained.

Now on eBay too http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-MAZDA-MX-5-WHITE-MK1-UK-Car-/221593038375" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Not for quite as much as I wanted, but I'm used to spending a fortune on a car, then selling it for bugger all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back