Need an engine

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbc1971

Hi I think I've just knackered my puma 1.7 engine after cam belt change,so might be needing a new engine my car is 2000 reg if there's an engine to match year.thanks

Current stock

48k - £350
82k - £230
90k - £195
108k - £160

Delivery £55.

Year is not important on the bare engine, only differences are the gearbox speed sender and lambda sensor setup on the exhaust manifold both of which you will re-use from yours.

Engines are WITHOUT:

PAS pump
Air con
Alternator
Aux belt tensioner
Starter
Plastic cam cover - silver in colour.
Exhaust manifold

The following is included to:

Inlet manifold, idle control valve, throttle body and throttle position sensor
Coil pack, leads and plugs
Injector loom (black plug offside inner wing)
Plastic cam belt cover side panel - black in colour

3 days lead time on despatch but I'm in this weekend so if its booked today/tomorrow am it can be on the way Monday.

Sorry to hijack this post! Sorry to hear your engine woes Jas, I'm sure you'll fix it mate.
Ian is top bloke for Puma parts, bought engine and Gbx from Ian recently, all OK.
Ian, just wanted to ask about speedo sender gear, do later engines have a different ratio? Are there any other identifying features? I think one ratio type is red, the other being brown?
Thanks guys, Jas

Further to this:
Does anyone know the gearbox speedo speed sender gear ratio, on early and late 1.7 Puma's?
I believe there were 2 different speedo speed sender gear ratios used throughout production, one was red the other brown in colour ( made of nylon ), there is a pinion gear on the layshaft and a Crown wheel gear pressed on the differential.

The speedo sender? Analogue ones are different from digi and they're not interchangeable. What is the issue - speed over/under-reading?

No problem Ian.

Just wondered what the difference between the analogue and digital is?

Thanks, Jas

No worries Jason.
Glad to hear you've managed to get a low mileage engine from Ian. He really is a great source of quality Puma parts at decent prices.
Good luck on getting your Puma back on the road.
Jas

Latest posts

Back