Where is the paint code

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevecvo

My search enquiries have revealed that Ford paint codes should be on a plate on one of the door pillars or on VIN plate under the bonnet. My VIN plate does not show any obvious paint code and I can't find any plate around either door. Where is the code on the Puma? I need to order some silver paint.

Moondust silver is the only silver colour the Puma came in. (And the only one to encompass the entire production run as the last cars were the Thunder models : offered in Moondust silver) There are a few different shades, but if you're getting touch up paint, there is only one.

A professional coachworks will match the new paint to the actual colour, rather than a specified colour.

Thanks for the replies. The car was supplied in Portugal in August 1999. It is a standard edition 1.4 (LHD). I want to spray the roof and bootlid which have suffered from fading in the sun and which someone has attacked with a spraycan. I brought my compressor and spray guns from the UK but I have not used them for some years and when I last did the odd panel I used cellulose because I found 2 pack too dangerous without an air helmet.

The current paints are water based and I have found a shop locally which supplies basecoat and lacquer but they asked me for the code. There is a plate on the slam panel but it is flat with engraved details and sprayed silver. I did not recognise an obvious paint code on this. I believe the paint code has 2 letters? I will have another look.

I can have a look at my slam panel tomorrow and report back as mine's silver as well :eek:k:

have a look at this link, I know for fiesta, but have to be similar!

http://www.fordpaintcodes.co.uk/ford-fiesta-96-2000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My slam panel has a 6 on my moondust Puma :eek:k:

ford_vin_plate1.jpg

Just been out and taken a picture so there is no mistake :lol:

29112009373.jpg

(I made sure it was right rather than relying on the internet :p )

Puma specific body colour codes second up from bottom on the VIN plate:

Body Colour:

Code Colour

A Radiant Red C/C Medium Solid, Amparo Blue Metalic

D Panther Black

E Thistle

G State Blue

H Electric Green C/C Med Solid or Imperial Blue

J Cuirass

K Colorado Red

LF Ultramarine Blue

M Sunmist Yellow