Puma jacking/axle stand points

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haGGard

Hi,

Now this probably classed as a 'n00b' question but can someone tell me exactly the best place to locate axle stands on the front and the rear of the car?

I've got the project puma jacking points JPG saved to my computer and although it cant be made any simpler, i still find it a bit confusing. I know where to jack the car from on the sills, but can someone tell me exactly (with pics if its possible so i know where you mean) to locate axle stands. Last time i had the front jacked up to change the oil, i had two axle stands on the sills which i know is not the best idea.

This is the picture ive got. http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd242/haggard04/Puma_Jacking_Points.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks. I just dont want to risk damaging the floor pan of my car with stands in the wrong place etc.

I generally put them on where the wishbones are bolted to the car.

cant really see, but the best shot I have. Its also worth investing in a trolley jack, rather than the useless ford one.

P1060026.jpg

Snap on all points to the above..... right down to the same jack and stands! Although maybe a slightly different position on the stands, but not by much.

Back