2001 Black 1.7 breaking - some new bits for sale, too

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rsdub said:
are the window weather strips in good nick please?.if so how much posted

Had a look today, and I'll be honest in that I haven't got a clue which part you mean?

its on the outside of the window on top of the door .a rubber strip that runs the full length of the door and goes under the wing mirror .the metal strip inside corrode under the rubber and start to bulge the rubber in places

rsdub said:
its on the outside of the window on top of the door .a rubber strip that runs the full length of the door and goes under the wing mirror .the metal strip inside corrode under the rubber and start to bulge the rubber in places

I can tell you without even having to look that they'll be crap - you can't even take them off without messing them up once they've been on a few years, used to be a big problem on the mk3 fiesta too (same ones, near enough).

Might be worth getting them new, have a look on here perhaps for FINIS numbers and try the dealers?

http://eucatparts.com/?action=cat_ford_unit&s_id_grp=1405648&s_id_model=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

STEAVIE said:
i`ll have the headlights mate pm me payment details

cheers :eek:k:

I'll PM you tomorrow if that's ok - I'm off to bed!

I've updated and moved the list to the first post - will see if I have any more stuff to add/remove by the weekend.

If anyone wants to collect anything, I probably have more interesting stuff I can't post. A good example is Ford SuperPlus antifreeze - literally walked to the dealer in town and paid around £30 for this. It was mixed 50/50, put in the car, then immediately drained back out when the original valve issue was apparent.

Not posting it of course, but if anyone collects at any point then I'll let you take it away (waste not want not).

Still have a practically full service kit too - New Air, Oil & Pollen filters, New Sump Plug and a new bagged & sealed Shell Helix oil - have the receipt for it all, open to a decent offer

My mistake I meant indicator stalk. I'll definitely take those PM me your details. Also what is the condition of the front Wishbones?

First post updated, bezel now sold.

I'll strip some more stuff off this weekend and list a little more

Didn't get much done this weekend due to the Mrs having family stuff going on...

Quick update, so far all this is sold:

Coilovers
Brake Cylinders
Track Rod Ends
Fuel Filter
Rear Shoes
Polybushes
CD Player
Gear Knob
Ltd Edition Knob (mint)
Door Mirrors
Dash surround
Tail lights

Still have all this and more:

Parcel Shelf
Brake Discs
New Calipers (unused)
Black Diamond Braided Hoses (unused)
Service Kit (unused - Oil filter, air filter, cabin filter, sump plug all new)
Oil (Shell Helix 5w30 for fords)
Headlights
Spare cylinder head and engine parts (cams,sensors,coil packs,leads etc.)
Interior parts, trims etc.

Yet to check what ECU is on it and whether or not I can pop the new wishbones back off.

chilipalmer said:
What kind of ht leads does your car have?

It's the later type, think I've got two sets.

I'll try and sort stuff like this out on the weekend - I've been away the last couple of weeks so not got much done.

cj2013 said:
rsdub said:

I can tell you without even having to look that they'll be crap - you can't even take them off without messing them up once they've been on a few years, used to be a big problem on the mk3 fiesta too (same ones, near enough).

Might be worth getting them new, have a look on here perhaps for FINIS numbers and try the dealers?

http://eucatparts.com/?action=cat_ford_unit&s_id_grp=1405648&s_id_model=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just got a pair for my Puma brand new from fordpartsuk. Think they were around £27 each from memory. Can get you the finis from the invoice if you like

Actually, here is the email. It's the top two items...

What new engine parts do you have

I'm stripping and rebuildin my engine soon so would be interested in any new parts you may have

Bobman said:
What new engine parts do you have

I'm stripping and rebuildin my engine soon so would be interested in any new parts you may have

Literally the whole head is like new, but the self bleeding elbow snapped off so it would need drilling out and re-tapping.

Also had new headgasket, plugs, cambelt, tensioner, waterpump, thermostat and thermostat housing.

I'd quite happily sell the entire engine and gearbox (brand new sachs clutch kit & concentric slave cylinder) cheapy cheap - I just cannot be bothered taking it all out, as I not long took it out and put it back in to replace it all. Plus side is that it can be seen/heard running like a dream.

Don't know where you're at in the country, but if you wanted to remove it all with whatever level of brute force you deem adequate, I also have a spare engine in bits too (a few exhaust valves are slightly bent I think - had an unfortunate crank pulley removal whilst forgetting to set TDC moment on that engine).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back