2002 1.7 Puma Panther Black - London (Redbridge) - SOLD

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brewmastermk

Reluctantly work have finally forced me into a company car. I'd sooner keep running the Puma, but the offer on the table is too good to refuse, and I can't afford to run two cars. Unfortunately this means passing on the Puma to the next person.

2002 1.7 Puma
Panther Black
Pretty good condition I reckon
Air Conditioning (recharged this year)
Heated windscreen (and rear screen)
Electric windows and mirrors (obviously, I think)
Looked after during the 6 years I've owned it, and I would not hesitate to own one again. Best car I've owned to date.
Tax to Feb 2015
MOT to Feb 2015 (no advisories)
Matching alloy spare.
Good tyres on the nice Puma alloys, with locking nuts (yes, I have the key)
Jack and tow eye package present.
Delivers 37-40 MPG for me (yes, I'm one of those people who monitors this)
Wonderful car, pulls steadily and idles smoothly (but then I'm biased aren't I)
Got a pair of keys
Bearings and bushes good - no wobbly wheels or graunching noises here.

I would not be selling this car if I had a choice and I'm looking for only £700 - I think it's worth every penny of that. While the MOT had no advisories, I had the rear bearings replaced as they were beginning to make some light noise, and also had the CV Gaitors changed as they were showing fatigue cracks that could develop.

So, the mileage. I'm afraid it's 137500 and climbing, but it's really not as bad as that sounds. Most of the mileage I do is steady motorway cruising for work. It has obviously had it's Cambelt done at 90k so there's still a long way to go until that needs done again. I recently drove up to Orkney and back and it was a pleasure to drive all the way (particularly the twiddly bit up near Thurso...).

Bad points are fairly limited in my opinion and should be familiar to the Puma scene. Seat bolster is torn (happened before I got it, and it hasn't really bothered me, so haven't replaced it in my six years of ownership) and rear drivers side arch is showing the usual rust. In treatment of this I recently stripped the interior and arches out, extensively dried the areas, treated the rust with rust eater. On exterior surfaces I ensured the rust eater was soaked deep during the application stage, and then applied primer and matching colour topcoat (I've gone for protection over hiding the issue, so you can see there's a repair but it's probably the best protected area of the car - we're talking a 6 coat of paint job here). Internally the arches have also been treated to prevent further deterioration, and since this I've seen no further development of rust bubbles.

Front tyres are branded (yoko I think) and rears are cheapies, but tread decent on all.

Among the work carried out while I've had the car;

Cambelt kit
Waterpump
Rocker Gasket
Aux belt
Battery (Ford brand)
Rear subframe bushes (poly fitted)
Front pads and disks
Front wishbones
Thermostat housing
Brake Hoses
Radiator Hose
Rear Wheel Bearings
Head professionally re-manufactured, and valve clearances checked by a friend at Ford Dunton Technical Centre
Oil change every year
Coolant drain and refill every year

Generally it gets a wash every couple of weeks, and a wax every month or two. I guess that's why the paintwork's still looking pretty good.

I'm keen for this to go to a good home swiftly and I'm happy for someone to take it off my hands from Wednesday 23rd onwards. I can make myself available for viewings most evenings and some weekends. However, I'm going to Detroit for a fortnight for work soon so please let me know ASAP.

And here's the link for the images;
http://s790.photobucket.com/user/brewmastermk/library/Puma Sale?sort=6&page=1

And typical, I give it a wash, go to take some pictures and hit the only muddy puddle in the whole place. Sorry about the mud around the arches...

Any questions please message me over the forum - I will send out my phone number to interested persons (not wanting to put my phone number online).

Hoping someone can take it on for the next chapter,
Regards,
Mark

The car has now sold for the asking price.

Hopefully I'll be able to get another Puma soon (garage space pending).

Regards,
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back