Bleeding ABS module

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumalhd

Hello,

First post, as my Puma has been almost problem-free for the past 22 years. I need to replace the ABS module, as the ABS light comes on when the module gets warm. It´s just failed the TüV (MoT) as it came on during the test on a hot day. Forscan code is C1095, and the light goes off if I cool the module down with cold water. I have a replacement module, but am worried about bleeding it. Some people say just bleed it normally, but be sure to keep the ignition off. The Haynes manual for the 95-02 Fiesta says it might have to be done by a Ford dealer. I can´t find any option in Forscan to bleed the ABS, though an internet search suggests it does support it for some vehicles. Forscan does have the option to test the ABS pump, which activates the pump for about a second. I wondered if this function could be used to bleed the ABS. I have a pressure bleeder.

Has anyone had any experience getting air out the ABS module?

Thanks!

When I changed all the brakes and all the short brake lines on mine I disconnected the battery and everything bled up as normal so obviously fluid was making it's way through the system. The major problem for you might be slackening off the bleed nipples without snapping them. If you have or a friend has oxy acstylene bottles warm up the nipples to red and that should ensure they come loose when they have cooled a little.
Barry

Thanks for this information, that's good to hear. Re. snapped bleed nipples, been there, done that, now keep the exposed threads well greased! I've just replaced the R/L brake cylinder as it also failed the footbrake test on that corner. The original cylinder was completely seized but the nipple came out easily.
Peter

Latest posts

Back